Part 14

"Stop getting fussy, it's just a non-date dinner, talking about your future." Zo scolded Priya who was moving to and fro, "You are watching too much Netflix" she chided, "Ha, look who's talking. Miss.I-Have-Watched-Bridgerton-100-times!" Priya rolled her eyes with a dry smile. "All jokes aside, Priya tum teek ho?" She sat down next to Zo, "I don't know. This is an important thing. I can't mess it up. What if it doesn't turn out well, what if history repeats again, what if Arjun gets hurt, what if I get hurt again, I don't think I could ever recover from it, what if.." Zo held her hand making Priya look at her, "Stop... all these what if will stop you from doing what you want. Be the brave, courageous, straight to face Priya I know and love. And you know right, whatever you decide, me and Krish will be right here to hold you. " Priya hugged Zo with a little tear in her eyes. "Priya, whatever happens, you know what happened last time, so now, you can be more cautious, and smarter, if I should say. Do not let history repeat again."

And then it was the Kapoor Mansion, Ram's room, flooded with clothes, here and there, testing Tarun's patience, who was just minutes away from an explosion. "this is too formal, this si too casual, this... I have worn so many times, I am not in the mood to wear this. Uhh... not this... she has seen me in this one, even that one... I really need new clothes." Tarun simply gave a forced smile, not taking it anymore, "Sir yeh blue wala naya hai, aap ne yeh subah kareeda tha. Yeh semi formal hai, toh..." Ram eyed it once more, giving up he took the suit and went off to take a bath. Applying to generous cologne, the one Priya loved once, the woody musk fragrance, will she notice it, the very smell that once pulled her to him. He smiled sadly, looking at himself, he was a good looking man, he knew it, but they happiness that once radiated out him, that labelled him to be cheery was missing, his eyes, once ocean blue seemed ice cold, the smile he had on vanished, the optimistic aura was no where to be found. What did he become, Vedika's departure never had such an affect on him, yes, he was sad and heart broken, he though he could never love anyone else again, but he worked through it. Priya, goddamn, she was a force of nature, she came into his life, wiped out every feeling he had connected to Vedika, and wrote her own story in his. She was intwined with him in a way, that no matter what he would never be able to move past it. Could she bring the infamous Ram Kapoor smile that swept people off their feet back? Would he find his happiness, peace and home with her? Only time would tell.

Much much to his surprise, Ram had arrived two minutes early and Priya was running late by five. He was getting worried now, Priya would never, atleast, to his knowledge, had ever come late, almost as if, being late in nowhere to be found in her dictionary, which made him reminisce a certain memory.

"Priya reservation 8 ka tha, aur ab time 7:20 hai! Maine kaha tha, we would reach early, we shouldn't have started then." Ram whined, he had actually booked a table for a date night they were having since they couldn't spend time with each other that week due to their busy schedule and now they are just in some lane, passing time. "Aww... I am sorry Mr. Kapoor, mujhe laga ki baarish ke karan traffic hoga aur hum late hoonge." Priya said, feeling bad that she made him rush so much. "Kuch bhi. Main Ram Kapoor hoon, traffic waffic nahi hoga." He retorted making her roll her eyes, letting out a small laugh. "Offo, you are just angry that I didn't let you kiss me and made you take bath." Ram blushed, "Nahi.... So what, you didn't let me kiss you. If I wanted to, I would have, but I had to take bath, so..." Priya raised her eye brow, "Acchaa, toh, you didn't want to kiss me. Okay... I'll keep that in mind." She turned facing the window, now Ram laughed, cupping her face, "I never want to not kiss you, Mrs. Kapoor." It was Priya's turn to blush, "Mr. Kapoor, kya kar rahe hain?" she asked as he leaned in, "what do you think?" He closed the gap, responding to his kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

It was raining outside, which become a bit heavy, just as he was about to call her, "Oh god, I am sorry. Yeh baarish nhi na, traffic tha, aur... I even started early, par..." She rambled, Ram held her shoulder gently asking her relax and saying it's fine. He took a step back only to find himself frozen, her orange suit completed her skin, her hair slightly wet from the rain, her face glowed and he could see tiny rain drops on her forehead and cheeks, it took every cell in him to resist him from touching her, she looked effortlessly beautiful. Priya had her moment as well, she knew there will never be a time where she would look at this man without going how perfect he looks, there is never nothing to admire. "Chalein?" Ram asked as he guided them to a table that was well cut from the rest for privacy.