Chapter 2 - First day of School

Lucifer's pov

I sighed, today was the big day. I didn't want to eat my breakfast but Uncle James was trying to convince me that I needed energy for today. Uncle Mike patted me on the head and said, "eat up kid, you'll have a bad day if you don't."

I grumbled, "gon be bad day an'way." (Anyway)

Uncle J jumped in saying, "no more negativity. Okay, tell me what you're most worried about happening today."

I quietly told him, "don't wanna talk... don't like new people and don't wanna talk to 'em."

Uncle Mike reassured me saying, "I called ahead, don't worry. I know you don't like talking to new people so I talked to the office. Your teachers know not to force you to talk if you don't want to."

I smiled and ran over to hug him, thanking him. He hugged me back but sternly said, "now go eat your breakfast."

I nodded, rushing back to my chair and happily eating my breakfast. Once I was done Uncle J took my plate and Uncle Mike took me to the door.

On the drive to school I was twitchy, my nerves were killing me. We pulled up to the school, I got out of the car following Uncle Mike inside. I pulled my hood over my head, I just wanted to crawl back in bed.

I was thankful for the fact we'd gotten here late, that meant that all the students were in class so I didn't have to navigate through the crowds. Uncle Mike came inside with me and led me to the office, he waved to the receptionists inside.

One of the receptionists gave me a gentle smile and said, "here's your schedule love, there's a map on the other page and I've marked your classes in green. Your locker number is on the bottom of the second sheet, if you have any problems or questions come back down here and we'll help you."

I smiled at her, nodding my head in thanks. Uncle Mike told me, "have a good day, be nice, no violence."

I jokingly asked, "not even lil bit?"

He laughed and said, "no. Unless it's self defence, no using violence of any kind. Sorry I can't pick you up after school, I've gotta tend to the cattle. You know the way home right?"

I nodded and he patted my head before we split up, I navigated my way to my class with only a little bit of trouble.

I pulled my sleeve over my hand and lightly knocked on the door to my home room classroom. After a minute the door opened and a grumpy old man stared down at me. He grumbled, "come in. You're late."

I silently followed him in, my eyes glued to the floor. He sat down at his desk and ordered me, "introduce yourself to the class, and take off your hood."

I awkwardly stared at him for a moment before taking off my hood, I heard the class gasp as they saw my snow white hair. I could smell my mate... no... mates... nearby. I kept my eyes on the ground and didn't say anything, panic swirled through me. Uncle Mike said I wouldn't have to talk... why is he making me talk?

The teacher gave me an annoyed huff then pointed to a desk in the back by a window, I quickly walked over and sat down, making sure to be absolutely silent. Once I was sitting down I could tell there were five of my mates. I kept my eyes on the desk, but I was trying to get an idea of them from their scent. I could feel them staring at me, I shifted as close to the wall as I could. I could tell they were all men, and I could feel the power radiating around them, at least one of them had to be an alpha wolf.

The teacher, who's name I found out was Mr. McGrundy, was back to talking to the class about geography. He came around the class and handed everyone a textbook, writing what page to turn to on the board. He droned on in his monotone voice for nearly twenty minutes before he loudly asked, "Lucifer, why don't you read this paragraph?"