Chapter 9

*Dan's POV*

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Phil said, covering his face with his hands, embarrassed.

"No, it's okay." I replied, pretending to be interested in the blank television set. I was telling the truth. I mean, I was surprised too. He didn't really show any external sign of having anxiety, so I was kind of shocked. I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance, and he looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. And at that moment, I knew I screwed up. I. AUDIBLY. GASPED. I could feel my face turning red, but I couldn't stop staring.

"What?" He asked, confused to the point of no return.

"Your eyes."

"What about them?"

At that point, I just gave up.

"They're so blue. Not the ordinary sky blue, or the color of the paint flaking off the old shed in the back of the field on Mill Point, or even the little flowers that spring up by the side of the road. Your eyes are blue like the sea, crystal clear blue — shimmering and crashing and churning. Looking into your eyes you can hear the waves falling against the shore, see the foam flying into the air. Your eyes are blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. And they are so beautiful." I know it was probably a little early for it, but when he leaned in to kiss me I fell into it. Sparks flew, and I was content.

*Author's Note*
Okay I haven't updated in forever but here's some fluff to make up for it thanks for reading don't forget to like and vote<3
   -ollie