CHAPTER SEVEN

KRISHA

KRISHA

"Listen to me, Karan!" I grabbed his hand while he was fuming with anger. Outside the green room, when everyone left without uttering a word or further questioning, Karan was still standing there. I went up to him but he began walking right away.

"What?... What shall I listen to you? You just made me look extra bad now. Are you satisfied or is there more of this to humiliate me?!" He asked, shoving my hand away.

"I was forced to reveal. You know that well!" The words in my mouth trembled and it was becoming more difficult for me to explain to him.

"So why didn't you tell your part of the story? Your bad deeds! You were so toxic even as a one-sided lover, why didn't you reveal that?" Which part of my story is he talking about? Is he still in his little shell? I have been over him since I joined this institute. And I was never toxic!

"Have you lost it, Karan? What are you even mumbling?" I shouted at him.

We then realized that we were already in the middle of the road. It was midnight and the weather was pretty chilly. The smoke from our mouths was mingling with each other. There was nothing on the road. Everything was a pin-drop silence. But it is better as long as we are not carrying on this frightful conversation in the institute. The drama that happened today was enough of a pain in our butts and there is no need for anything this extra.

"Krisha, just get lost!"

"I don't want to? In which part was I toxic? Let me know at least!" I say, staying stubborn and sturdy at my point.

"Why do you even want to get there? The chapter has been closed now. I don't want to make my brain run for this shit." He began walking again.

"Well, I opened it now! So tell me? Which part?"

"You blamed me right now because you thought I did it. Right? If anything bad happens to you, you will blame it on me, Right? You should have at least inquired first!"

"Well that's off-topic right now, but to answer you very honestly, wouldn't you have done the same thing? You would eventually think of your enemy first, would you not?" I say.

"Yeah,....but don't you know your enemy too well for this matter?" He looked at me for what my answer would be.

"Karan....I....I don't trust you anymore! How can I?"

"Then maybe I was wrong about you!" He kept on gazing at me with sad eyes.

How can I trust him after all these years and this kind of past? Most importantly, how did he think that I would trust him?

"The one who broke my trust is talking about knowing-well-stuffs now?!" I looked the other way.

"I didn't break your trust. We were kids, Krisha!"