LYCUS

BEFORE WE BEGIN...

So I impulsively got another idea for a book and started writing the 1st chapter LMAO 💀

Anyway, I just wanted to warn you all that this book is a dark romance. Like, REALLY DARK romance. I haven't written anything like this before (where the male lead is actively abusive and shit) so we'll see how this goes.

⚠️ WARNING: this book will contain other really dark themes like thoughts of suicide, attempted suicide, physical abuse, depression, and maybe a tiny bit of Stockholm Syndrome. There will also be detailed smutty scenes where there is some non-con sex involved. Like always, I will mark any matures scenes with a warning in case you don't want to read it.

The main character is going to be all over the place emotionally because of the mate bond (stupid mate bond 🙄) and the male lead will be EXTREMELY bipolar. We love a toxic relationship 🥰 (not really in case you didn't pick up on my sarcasm).

Obviously, this book is a slow burn (like all of my books are lmao). As I said before, the male lead will be abusive and emotionally closed off while the main character is stubborn and continuously defies his orders. The mate bond is strained because of this toxicity, hence the entire plot being a slow burn 😉

Lastly, I do not, IN NO WAY, condone the treatment of abuse. Abuse—whether it be physical, mental, emotional, sexual, or other—is a HUGE no no! ☝🏼 DO NOT treat other people the way the male lead will treat the main character and DO NOT take any abusive shit from anyone else.

I love all of my readers and I hope you enjoy this story ❤️

Synopsis:

Two years ago, the lycans came out of hiding and took over the world. Werewolf packs were wiped out, humans were enslaved, and other supernatural species were deemed as abominations.

Amara Black is classified as one of these abominations. She's a half-breed: half werewolf, half human. The lycans have been relentless in their chase, but she continuously slips through their claws. Two years on the run have made her a professional escape artist.

One careless mistake leads to her capture and she's dragged back to one of the most ruthless lycan packs. She's thrown to the wolves (quite literally) and forced to kneel before the power hungry beasts that took everything from her.

But there is one thing Amara is known for, and it's not submission. Due to her inability to cooperate, she expects immediate death, but is enslaved with the humans instead.

Then she meets him.

✩ ✩ ✩

"If you don't lower your eyes, I'll force you to the ground and shove my cock in your mouth."

I glare at him, hatred brewing inside me. Some sick and twisted part of me feels lustful at his threat, but rage predominates.

"I would rather die," I hiss.

He grins maliciously and bends down so he's eye level with me. His large hand grabs a fistful of my hair to yank my head to the side. I swallow when he brushes his nose over my exposed neck and inhales deeply.

"Someday, you will regret your words."

His unsmiling grin sends a shiver of unease down my spine. Still, I refuse to submit. Never to this monster.

"Someday, you will regret not killing me," I whisper, my heart racing when his face inches closer to mine.

"Mark my words, you will fall at my feet." I gasp when he runs his tongue up the side of my neck. His extended canines nip my ear and my traitorous body trembles in delight.

His hot breath fans my ear and I wait for his next move. I'm terrified of this lycan, but a small part of me is thrilled.

"I will fuck you, fast and hard. And then I will kill you slowly."

*** This is in NO WAY related to the Forbidden Series or What Lies Beyond the Trees (my other werewolf books).

Let the journey begin 😈