FACING TEMPTATION AND KISSING IT

VEER

He didn't run.

Running wasn't an option anymore.

Granted, he'd been a coward and used alcohol to give himself a boost. Nevertheless, as the influence of the beer dissipated, all the things his heart (and let's not forget his body) had learned with each kiss- with each caress, worked to erode a fortress. That place where the passion Quinn offered had been locked away to protect him from temptation.

Thursday night trickled by, and Quinn was inside him once more, stretching, destroying, commanding. All the mayhem unleashed in his moral conscience thanks to Quinn's body wrapped around his was nothing- nothing compared to the euphoric freedom he experienced when they slept in each other's arms, sated and exhausted.

"I don't know how I lived every day without you." Quinn cupped Veer's face with both hands, without missing a beat of his conquering. "Shukriya," he whispered, nuzzling Veer's nose.

Quinn had said thank you in Hindi, and it made Veer's heart dissolve into something he was afraid to call Love. "It's me who should be saying that. You never gave up, and that's why I'm here." His legs wrapped tighter around Quinn's hips.

At those words, Quinn groaned and thrust harder. Veer nearly smack his head on the headboard, but Quinn reached out quickly, using his hand to protect him. Inconsequential little things like that almost made Veer fall the first time around. Now, they were irrevocably taking him to a land from which he never wanted to return.

"Oh Veeru, my Veeru." Quinn's rhythm faltered, and he came with a howl.

Veer squirmed as Quinn took him in hand, pumping his ready-to-burst cock. Just a few strokes, and Veer came in a burst of spunk, joy, and stars.

Taking deep breaths and with the utmost care, Quinn slowly left Veer's body.

Veer immediately hated his absence.

Quinn flopped on his back, pulling Veer on top of him. "Tomorrow we go to the 1970s."

"Even the 2070s were horrid, and we lived those." Veer chuckled.

"You're gonna look striking in those wide lapels and bell-bottoms." Quinn snorted.

"Shut up and kiss me."

The kiss lasted until they fell asleep.

Friday, 0915 hours...

"See you on the other side, guys." Hollander disrobed and waved, the silliest grin on his face. He entered the time capsule and crouched.

"I seriously don't get why he's so cheerful every time he goes in there," Jagger murmured, pulling his robe around him as if he were very uncomfortable.

"Aww, you're just scared because when you emerge behind him he always has a raging hard-on." Quinn chuckled and gave Jagger a friendly punch in the shoulder.

"And what's making you so happy lately?" Jagger arched an eyebrow. "You're acting almost like a decent human being, not your usual giant-hemorrhoids-ass self."

"Maybe that ass is getting some dicking..." Russo elbowed Quinn with a chortle.

If they hadn't been men trained to disguise emotions and reactions, Veer was sure he'd have been blushing like a yet-to-be-deflowered maiden.

"What I put in my ass is none of your business." Quinn elbowed Russo, laughing.

"I like assplay as much as the next man, but enough of this ass-talking." Ramsey pushed Jagger toward the capsule. "Your turn, big man."

Veer had been so enthralled by Quinn's gleeful reactions to the teasing that he hadn't paid attention to the sound of the alarms signaling the capsule's readiness for the next traveler.

"I can't wait for my first look at 54," Russo said, moving his shoulders and thrusting his hips in some uncoordinated dance move. "We're going tonight, right?" His bedroom eyes settled on Ramsey expectantly.

Ramsey turned his eyes to the ceiling, perhaps asking for divine intervention, then hissed, "Yes. You and I will go tonight so you can get your groove on."

The thing about time travel was that they had to do it on the same day of the week as the date they would travel to. Obviously, the scientists were never going to give them the reason for this, but that was the procedure. In this case, the event was on Sunday, July 30th, 1978, so they were traveling to Friday the 28th.

Veer still recalled a story of a failed mission in which a lone agent had been dispatched to Italy on Friday, October 5th, 1582, a logical mistake given that the day before was Thursday, October 4th. But that Thursday was the day the Gregorian calendar (the common time frame the machine used) was implemented, jumping from October 4th to October 15th. The poor woman was never found.

Due to that tragedy, Clepsydra Project decided to ban any missions to dates prior to 1800, which might seem a bit extreme, but would essentially ensure a more unified time frame around the world since the adoption of the Gregorian calendar had been slow and painful.

In all honesty, Veer mentally rehashed this inconsequential trivia not only to avoid externalizing his romantic situation with Quinn but also to keep himself from focusing on his growing apprehension about his side mission. Something kept nagging at the back of his mind, pushing him to confide in Quinn.

"Hey. Are you all right?" Quinn touched Veer's arm.

The alarm went off again. Quinn and Veer were the last members of Team Aegis left.

"Yes, I'm good to go." Veer smiled. It was hard not to grab Quinn and crush him against his body.

"Okay, see you in New York." Quinn gave Veer a nod and moved toward the capsule. An assistant took his robe.

A wave of desire washed over Veer as Quinn crouched down and winked. A sudden image of Quinn straddling him, moaning and gasping, nearly knocked Veer over.

Poor Jagger. He's about to see another unwelcome stiffy.

****

KNOW YOUR CHARACTERS: