What a mind

...May 6th, 2015..

..New Jersey...Bank...

"Thomas," Alan said. "This is a bank and you need a bank account."

"And you finally got around to stop calling me Jane Doe," Loki said.

Alan stops in his tracks and turns his head towards Loki.

"Do you want me to call you Jane doe?" Alan asks, in the utmost serious attitude he can make.

"No," Loki said.

I stand near the door overhearing their conversation being carried towards the bankers.

"Thought you were going to say that," Alan said, turning his head away and resumes the slow walk.

I had on the security guard uniform complete with a hat. Since the letter from the Great Painting had slid under the door nothing really notable happened after that. No carriages, portals, old people coming to my door waiting for a firm handshake to mark the next transition of a potential owner. Loki, apparently, had noticed me as he came one step away from me.

"You work here?" Loki asks.

"Yes," I said.

"So you happen to be a bartender and a security guard?" Loki asks, in much disbelief.

"And a actress," I add, earning a dumbfounded look from Loki. "I am only a volunteer for the bartending part."

"What is your full name?" Loki said.

"You should know," I said.

Loki frowns.

"That I do not," Loki said. "If you recall; I have no memory of my past."

"I am Officer Joy," I said. "Joy Salamanders."

A look of recognition clicks in his eyes.

"Captain Joy," Loki said.

"No," I said. "Officer Joy."

Perhaps Loki is remembering that Joy the gang told me about two years ago.

"Hmm," Bob said. "He smells different from the last time."

Loki takes a step back and squints.

How can he smell any different?, I thought.

"He doesn't smell immortal," Bob said. "We all have distinctive smells, Joy."

I can't smell, I thought.

"Yes," Bob said. "You can."

"I could have swore I knew someone like you, but different," Loki said.

The doors to the bank flew open. I saw a old woman stumble into the building so I came over to the lady's side.

"Are you okay, miss?" I ask.

I caught the old lady in my arms.

"My name...is Mary SamHeart," Mary said. "I was born 1943 in Boston Massachusetts."

"Why is there bright light where there should be a city?" Loki asks.

I feel burning in my hands.

"It's coming," Mary said, weakly.

I help Mary to the chair right across from the doors by 15 steps even with my hands burning.

"So bright!" Alan said, shielding his eyes.

"Are you all right, miss?" I ask.

Mary sighs.

"Not for long," Mary said. She has a Boston accent for sure (That I know because I spent some time in Boston last year) that is faint but still there. "My time is dawning."

She had a attire that shockingly remind me of an era where house wives wore dresses, she even wore a necklace with a locket shaped like a heart that had a small hole inside fit for a key,she wore white gloves, and a small sun hat. Her hair is beyond fuzzy despite it being up in a bun. Her eyes are a dull shade of blue losing their life.

"Don't say that miss," I said. "Don't you ever say that. Your time is not over."

"THOMAS, DON'T OPEN THE DOORS!" Alan shouts.

I look over towards the door to see brown bony creatures crawling on the window.

"That is less majestic then how I imagined it," Bob said.

"The Great Painting has minions?" I said out loud.

"What has minions?" Loki asks.

"Your face," I lied, sarcastically.

"Does not," Loki denies.

"You just denied to me so thus you do have minions for your face," I argue back.

Loki has a 'I do not have minions for my face, you ugly fool' kind of facial reaction. Even without his right memories Loki can still act in character without knowing who he is but only the person who he pretended to be for quite some time.

"Now that is funny," Alan remarks.

"Step back from the door, Mr Crane," I said.

"What if I don't want to?" Loki asks.

I frown turning towards Loki.

"Then I will make you," I said, sending Loki right beside the counter to the empty desk where not a banker stood. I face towards the ugly brown creatures being resembling of stick skeletal figure that are monstrous like. I look down towards my hands to see strange markings apparent.

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT, SALAMANDERS?" Alan shouts.

"Stay back," I said.

"Follow what she says," John Lewis (Aka known as JL) said.

I walk over to the door.

"Are you insane?" Bob asks.

"Insane as I ever will be," I said.

"Did she just talk to herself?" Loki said.

"We all got imaginary friends,JL," Alan said,calmly.

"You are very insane," Bob said. "Those are the middle ground between bad and good Great Painting Fetchers."

"So do we all,Alan," I said, standing in front of the doors. "Step back."

The brown bony creatures get off the window and back off.

"Salamanders, what are you doing?" Alan asks.

I grab the door by the handle then turn my head towards the frightened people.

"I will be back," I said. "And this is only a temporary good-bye."

I turn my head towards the doors.

"You know you won't be back, possibly," Bob said.

I know, I thought.

"Nice knowing you," Bob said.

I open the door then willingly walk out into the light.