1

Lacey's P.O.V:

"Pass me that the lighter, dear," My father says, pointing to the red lighter that was standing straight up on the TV's holder.

"Dad, you know how I feel about you smoking," I roll my eyes, but obey. I get up from my seat on the couch I was sitting on next to him to fetch it. I also put on the TV aswell, to keep the silence awkward.

"I said I'll quit next year," he coughed, deeply.

"You say that every year," I groan, throwing the lighter in his lap, earning a chuckle and a head shake from him.

"Thank you, sugar plum." He took the cigarette box from his back pocket, which I had to help him stand and grab it for him.

The state my dad was living in is horrible. A disgusting old apartment, third floor up. That didn't help my dad's back at all. Paint peeling, clogged toilet, [Which I do not fix, I call someone to], and backing up of water.

Not to mention he doesn't work, so he relies on me, which gives me more pressure to work, but he doesn't ask for much. I didn't want my dad to become homeless, because then I'd feel bad. Horrible even.

My mom kicked him out after finding out he was a drunkie. He smoked, drank, and even sometimes cheated on her. Over the years she kept it to herself, without telling me. She says that she didn't want her and my dad to split until my mom and I have a foundation.

We do now, all thanks to Zayn. My step-father.

Zayn gave us too much stuff, and he is only thirty-six while my mom was forty something- I lost count. My mom did like the youngsters.

I was brought up by my father, but in my early teens Zayn took over. Zayn started to make me wear fancy dresses to formal parties, and made me paint my room pink. He made me become what is "girly" in me today.

The one thing I only like about my dad is that I could be myself around him and he wouldn't judge. At the age of fifty something [My mom just recently started liking young men], he still treats me like a boy. He thought I would be a boy when I was born, ya know. You don't get the gender but in the pit of your stomach you want your child to be ______ so you buy a ton of shit, but later realize that you made a mistake.

My dad kept it all. He made me play with toy trucks with fire painted on the side, a car bed when I was a bit older, and got me an Xbox when I was about nine.

I thank him to this day on why I'm so good at Call of Duty.

"Dad, I gotta run. We have guests tonight," I say, standing up. Football was on, so he didn't mind me leaving.

"I love you, Lacey. Don't you forget," he calls out, before I leave the apartment door. He always says that like he's going to die or something, or if that's the last thing he'll say to me. He smiles at me, his eyes taken away from the small TV, yellow, broken and cracked teeth.

I breathe. "I love you too, dad."

I leave in a hurry, after coming from work, twice a week I check on my dad, but in the summer I couldn't. More shifts for work, to get him in a better place. I didn't care if my dad liked where he lived, I didn't like it.

I walk down flights of stairs until I reach the lobby, saying hi to the front office desk people whatever, "Have a good day," I wave.

"You too." the same man always replies with.

I walk out to my car, which was a Range Rover. Guess who bought it for me? Zayn.

Over the years he tried sucking up to me which his petty money, I hated it. My mom forced me to.

It was black and sleek, a "simple" birthday gift, Zayn calls it. I call it, money trying to capture my heart.

Driving back to my own house to make it on time, I get a phone call, trying to focus on the road, I place on my sunglasses while checking the Caller I.D

Niel Huran

I smile, and quickly swipe to answer.

"Hey, Lace," he voice comes out like a purr, soft and hushed with a tint of Irish.

"Hey, bud," I smile against the phone, taking a sharp turn onto my neighborhood's street. The big mansion's scaring me.

"Can you hang today?" I bite my lip.
"My mom is making mac n' cheese today."

As much as I would love to say yes, "I can't, Niall. Guests are coming over."

There was a fill of silence. Then, he spoke understandingly. "It's fine, summer is next week."

My body instantly stopped tensing.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I reply, "About to make it to my place."

"Alrighty," Niall beams, "Bye Lace."

"Bye Niel."

I hang up, driving into my driveway. My mom told me yesterday we'd have company, which gave me chills. Weirdly rich people coming to my house wasn't a delight or something I could back out of, but I requested less of them.

I come out the car, running inside my house as I lock my car with the keys within a push of a button. I enter my house with a code pad, which is oddly designed since I always liked keys.

Running up the long spiral stairs to my room, I throw my bag on the floor, and I begin the process of getting ready, slamming my door.

I had to get ready within an hour, and it takes an hour and thirty minutes for me to actually get presentable, so I was on a time budget.

In my walk in closet, I had plently of dresses, you name it. Sections were named, so I go into the dress section.

Finding the short dresses, I shook my head. I was looking for impressive and smart, not stripper and booty hanging out, like even if I had one.

In the end, I didn't choose a dress, I chose a suit, white buttoned shirt with beads welcoming the sleeves, and white pants that matched. Only one of the things I have that I actually wanted.

With so many minutes to spare, I enter my bathroom that was connected in my room, but on the other side. Jumping to the bathroom without pants on, I do my makeup.

Which included this bottle of liquid with my skin color, which I got at MAC, I applied with this blender pink sponge, that someone told me I had to dampen, highlighter, which I knew what it did, made my skin somewhat bright, little eye shadow with neutral colors, and mascara and a pop of lipgloss. I should start my own blog, seriously.

My hair? I take it down from the bun it was in, somewhat of texture in my roots, I only spritzed with hair spray, and I finally placed on my pants.

"Lacey!" Zayn's voice was huffed out, they have finally come back from dinner with the family that I was going to meet with. I placed on a pair of high heels that were a beige color on, walking out of my room, and plastered a smile on.

_______________________________

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SO GOOD PROMISE BUT THIS WAS JUST A FILLER BECAUSE LITERALLY FOR ME FIRST CHAPTERS ARE SO HARD TO DO BUT THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE STORY I HAVE MADE JUST ASDFGHJKL OLAY. -rose

p.s I would go gay for cara bye