Chapter 14

Billy rolled into his kitchen where his phone was ringing. "Hello?"

"Chief Black, this is Carlisle Cullen."

Billy looked at Charlie and Jacob. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I'm hoping that you have shifters in LaPush. We have some information about a potential newborn problem."

"I will pass this on to the Alpha of the pack. If he wants to meet, he will contact you." Billy didn't allow Carlisle to say anything else and hung up the phone.

Billy turned to his son, "Get to Sam's."

Jake nodded and ran out the back door, slipping off his shorts and tying them to his ankle before letting out his wolf. Paul and Embry were on patrol and saw in his thoughts that contact had been made. Once he arrived at Sam's he phased back and got dressed.

Sam and the others walked out on the porch. "What's up?"

"Dr. Cullen called dad. Said there was a possible newborn problem."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means," Lily sighed as she walked up to the house. "Victoria knows she can't get to me alone and is turning others into vampires."

"Okay, but why call them newborns?" Quil wanted to know.

"Let's go inside and talk about this." Emily suggested, hugging her arms around herself to ward off the cold February air.

Once everyone was inside, the pack around the table, Lily followed Emily into the kitchen. While the two of them worked to prepare a meal, Lily talked.

"New vampires are called newborns. They are incredibly strong because their own human blood still runs through their systems."

"How do you know this, Lils?" Jake wanted to know.

"I listen, Jake." Wiping her hands on a towel, she handed the baking dish filled with lasagna to Emily to put in the oven. "When I was with Edward, I would ask questions. He hated answering them because he didn't want me to hear about the horrors of his world. Jasper would later explain. I also overheard conversations between Em and Jasper."

"So how do we fight them?" Leah asked as she leaned back in her chair.

"I don't know, Lee." Lily leaned a hip against the counter. "This isn't something I had counted on. I can handle the Cullens, their bullshit doesn't affect me anymore. But this...this is unknown to me." The oven beeped and the conversation was over.

Lily walked out on the porch and sat on the swing, wrapping her arms around herself. For all her bravado, she was scared. Dealing with the Cullens and their abandonment along with Edward's betrayal were nothing compared to beings that were out to kill her.

She felt the tears on her cheeks before she even realized she was crying. This wasn't how things were supposed to be. When she drank that potion, she was supposed to be happy. There weren't supposed to be more, even worse, threats hanging over her. She tried to be strong, but she was scared and she hated it.

Sam walked away from the door where he'd been watching Lily. The rest of the pack had already gone home, but he knew she needed Paul. Stepping out the front door, he stepped out of his shorts and jumped off the porch, landing on four paws.

Paul, Lily needs you. I'll take the rest of your patrol. -S

What's wrong? -P

Sam showed Paul the conversation they'd had during dinner and then what he'd observed with Lily.

I'm on my way. -P

Paul raced to Sam's house, his concern for Lily overriding everything. He slid to a stop in front of Sam's house ten minutes later and phased, barely getting his pants zipped before he was in the house and grabbing his mate.

Lily wrapped her arms around his shoulders, burying her face in his neck. "Take me home, Paul."

Lifting her up, he carried her bridal style out of the house and toward his. "I've got you, baby," he pressed his lips to her temple.

Paul carried her in the house and up the stairs to their bedroom. He lay her down on the bed and spooned in behind her, running his fingers through her hair. He kept silent, knowing she would talk when she was ready. He didn't have to wait long.

"I can handle the fucking Cullens coming back. I can even handle my psychotic ex thinking he owns me." Rolling over she ran her fingers over his cheeks and lips. "What I can't handle, is something happening to you. You are my life, Paul. My very happiness is wrapped up in you and I am terrified."

"Sweetheart, nothing is going to happen to me." Paul leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.

"You don't know that, Paul. Newborns aren't like the other leeches you've come across. They are stronger, more lethal."

"Lily , I am not going to leave you." He kissed her nose. "We are gonna grow old together, with our children and grandchildren surrounding us."

"Promise?" she whispered.

"I promise."

Leaning in, he pressed his lips to hers, wasting no time in deepening it. Their passion for each other was quickly ignited and Paul slowly removed her clothes, kissing every inch of skin as it was revealed to him.

"Paul..." Lily moaned, running her hands down his back.

Groaning at the feel of her hands on his body, he moved up her form. He stopped, taking one of her pert nipples into his mouth and sucking on it before he gently bit down.

"Fuck...Paul, please."

"What, baby?" Paul moved up to her head and kissed her lips, pushing his tongue into her mouth.

Lily moaned into his mouth and brought her legs up to wrap around his waist, pressing her heels into his ass and raising her hips to get him where she wanted him. Breaking away for breath, "I need you."

Paul reached down and lined himself up with her entrance and with one swift thrust, was fully inside her. Both of them moaning at being joined as one.

Paul set a slow pace, pulling out almost completely and then pushing back in. Lily had her hands on his cheeks, staring into his eyes, while Paul held on to her shoulders, never breaking her stare. He could see her emotions plainly in her eyes, as she could read the love in his.

Needing to be in control, she pushed on his shoulder and he rolled them, never breaking their connection. Lily swiveled her hips, getting into a rhythm, her clit rubbing against his pelvis, bringing her closer to the edge.

Paul loved the sight of her above him. Her cheeks were flushed, head thrown back and hair ghosting over his thighs as she rode him, taking what she needed from him. As the pleasure built, Paul sat up and wrapped his arms around her, sucking on the skin between her shoulder and her neck.

"Paul..." Lily moaned as he felt her walls quiver around him.

"Cum for me, baby."

Lily cried out as her orgasm took over, causing her movements to become jerky. Paul gripped her hips and was soon shooting his seed deep into her womb as he too cried out his pleasure. The pair of them panted, but never moved their position, instead staring into each other's eyes.

"I'm never leaving you, Lily."

Lily didn't say anything, just hugged him closer to her and nuzzled her face into his neck.

They would have stayed wrapped around each other all night, but Sam called and explained they were meeting the Cullens at the treaty line at midnight.