5 | peaceful

𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩
--------
Peace - Taylor Swift
"But the rain is always gonna come if you're standing with me"
--------------------------------------------------------

Seriously August? How stupid can you be? What happened to the steer clear plan?

Thinking back to last night's events, I can't believe I did that. Look I'm an emotional guy and I felt bad that she didn't get any prizes when everyone else did what else was I supposed to do?

She probably did not give one fuck about not getting a prize, but I can't take it back now.

It's the next morning and the boys and I are in the kitchen attempting to make breakfast.

"Hey, I was thinking we could invite the girls over and do a barbecue today" Logan suggests.

"Barbecue? Sure. Girls? No." I responded closing the cabinet. They all stare at me and I already know what's coming.

"August don't act like you don't like them, if I can recall correctly about last night you were running towards miss Ivy to give her your bunny." Finn smirks. The boys all snicker while I roll my eyes.

They definitely saw me do that and thankfully didn't question me about it last night. I was hoping they would completely forget about it, but I knew that was unlikely.

"It was out of pity, don't waste your two brain cells overthinking it." It wasn't out of pity.

"Yeah, sure that's why you waited for her while she was in the bathroom too, definitely out of pity huh Auggie" Daniel smirks and they all laugh. They're never letting this go.

"Shut the fuck up before I kick you all out you do know this is my beach house." I say.

They just laugh at me because they know I would never actually kick them out no matter how annoyed I get at them. They're unfortunately my best friends.

***

I'm on my way downstairs from my room when I hear a now familiar laugh. Yeah, I let the boys invite the girls for the barbecue. Actually, I didn't have much of a say after they brought up last night, so I just decided to stay quiet.

Everyone is currently in the living room playing heads up, I go and sit on the couch next to Finn.

"Hey August, do you wanna give it a go?" Daniel asks me.

"Nah I was actually thinking we could start setting up the barbecue." It was already 1pm.

They agreed and we went to the back where the grill was. The girls had brought some things to contribute, I guess. I, once again, try to avoid any contact with Ivy. Especially after last night I don't need that awkward encounter.

"August, why don't you go help Ivy get the stuff out of their car the girls are helping us." Logan smiles at me. This little shithead. He's doing it on purpose, he knows I won't say no in front of them.

"Sure." I say with a blank face and start walking back into the house to go through the front door. I get outside and I see Ivy with the trunk open struggling to get a box out. I walk over and pick it up before she could even try.

"What the fuck is in this a dead body?"

"Why does everyone keep thinking I carry dead bodies around?" she says throwing her arms out annoyed.

I look at her confused and she says "Never mind, um thanks."

I nod at her before walking back towards the house as Ivy follows me. "I would like to know what I'm holding before I walk it into my house." I say sarcastically.