𝟓 | 𝐈𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

3rd POV

3rd POV

"Are you jealous of the fancy date?" Dazai asked Kunikida. 

"I'm not." 

"She's a victim who was nearly killed. Ensuring her safety and tending to her psyche is an important and urgent duty for the agency, wouldn't you say?" 

"Who are you, the poster child for sloth and irresponsibility, a good fit for the task? Besides, given her charm, I'd assume she has a lover at least." 

"Apparently, they broke up recently. That's why, Kunikida-kun, I say go for it!" 

"Listen, Dazai! I came here because you skipped out on the morning meeting and I need to tell you what's going on." 

"I know what's going on. The goal of the Azure Messenger who set the bomb is to crush the agency." 

"Umm... Are you sure an outsider like me should be hearing this?" The woman asked. 

"Sasaki-san's a person of interest in this case. There's no issue here. Sasaki-san, what class do you teach at the university again?"

"Social psychology." 

"That's great. I'd love to hear what you think about this case." 

"About the Azure Messenger, it may be related to the Azure King in the notorious Azure Flag Terrorist bombing." 

"So you think that as well," Dazai said. 

"It may very well be the Azure King himself. It's said that he blew himself up after being cornered by the police, but it's possible he faked his death and is still alive. A former officer, the Azure King set off a bomb in a government facility and issued a maxim. His targets included killers whose cases were dropped due to inadequate prosecutors, as well as diet members who were engaged in political corruption on a global scale. All hazardous criminals are invulnerable to the law." 

"But if the Azure King is alive, why would he attack the agency like this?" Atsushi questioned. 

"I have no idea." 

"Well, the one who backed the Azure King into a corner is Kunikida-kun, who located his base. I see. Kunikida-kun is the target of vengeance here," Dazai explained. 

"The terrorist's death was confirmed by the military police after forensic analysis. There's no doubting it," Kunikida spoke. 

"Either way, you should stay cautious until you figure out who it is. We'll need to hide Sasaki-san somewhere safe, as well." 

"That I will not allow, Dazai!" 

"What do you mean?" 

Just then Kunikida grabbed a hold of Dazai's collar, "You think you can keep a lady in your room in the name of personal safety? And day and night, do such and such unthinkable things?! Shame on you!"