| 𝟏𝟒 |

3rd POV

"Is it true that the president was attacked?!" Atsushi shouted as he entered the Armed Detective Agency.

"Yeah. He survived, but he's unconscious and suffering from mysterious symptoms. He isn't improving even with Yosano-sensei's abilities," Kunikida explained.

"There have been a lot of similar attacks recently. Ability users are being attacked at night, with no one around to see. Some have already died," Dazai informed.

"What do we know about the attacker?"

"Only that they use an unknown ability and that they wear a mask."

"A masked assassin."

"Of course, the attacker may be dead before we start running around. Atsushi-kun which organization do you think stands to lose the most if an ability user-killer were to go in a massacre in town?"

"The Special Ability Department?"

"In this town, it's the opposite. It's the Port Mafia. For the Port Mafia, wardens of the night, the relentless killing of the ability user on whom their existence depends is an insult akin to having a knife swung around at their nose. If one of the Port Mafia were to fall victim..."

"Their credibility would come tumbling down. But will they take action before there are any casualties?" Kunikida finished.

"'The first to make a move wins,' that's what Mori-san would always say. I guarantee they will act. They may have even discovered the attacker's hideout by now."

......

Fyodor has successfully stabbed the leader of the Port Mafia. He was currently looking for his hat.

"My hat is missing."

"Is this what you're looking for?" Dazai said. "Hey, demon Fyodor."

"It's you. I haven't seen you since Mukurotoride."

"A double-prolonged attack that used the masked man as bait. I expected as much from you, so I took the liberty of figuring out your escape route and waited. How do I look?"

"Terrible."

"Oh, fine. Have it back, then," Dazai threw the hat back to him, "That has your name written all over it. You tinkered with a poor priest's head and turned him into an assassin, and had him attack the leaders of two organizations."

"And what business do you have with me today?"

"I think I'll have you tell me what poison you used on my boss. I know what your goal is. In order to obtain the book you need, you'll purge Yokohama of all its ability users. But you Rats don't have the manpower to burn down the entirety of Yokohama the way the Guild did. That's why you first tried to convince my belladonna-chan to join and when that didn't work, you tried assassinating the heads of the Detective Agency as well as the Port Mafia."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because that's what I would do."

"So we're two of a kind. Very well. I'll tell you. The poison I used is a cannibalizing ability. It's a viral ability belonging to a certain criminal. A minuscule supernatural lifeform grows to maturity in 48 hours and eats through the two hosts' bodies. However, if one of the hosts dies, the ability stops."

"To save the president, the only option is to kill the other host, Mori-san."

"You'll have to give up trying to nullify the ability. To try to find the virus hiding within the vital organs and touch it directly is suicidal. What will you do? Will you discuss it with the Port Mafia? People are sinful and foolish. Even knowing that it's part of a trap, they can't help but kill each other. Someone must cleanse them of that sin, thus I seek the book. Just like this," Fyodor raised his arms.

"DAZAI MOVE!!" You quickly threw your entire body weight at Dazai protecting him from the bullet.

"Y/N!!!!" Your body fell limp as Dazai caught you in his arms.

"I didn't think I would be seeing you so soon, my dear," Fyodor spoke.

"Go t-to hell, you bastard," You stated making him laugh.

"Y/N, please don't waste your energy..." Dazai pleaded.

"That's what I like most about you, Y/N. You never lose your character. Don't worry, I won't shoot Dazai. And speaking of him, I need you to carry out your role, which is to report the conflict with the Port Mafia. You said we're two of a kind. We are the same kind, but there's just one difference-"

"The way you guys think," You finished with blood coming out of your mouth, "You're right that people are all sinful and foolish. But isn't that what's so great? Dazai isn't as heartless as you. He's so much more than you'll ever be."

"Y/N..."

"You both knew about the sniper, didn't you? You came here knowing that, in order to obtain info and, Y/N, you pushed Dazai out of the way even knowing the fact that he willingly put himself in this situation."

"The book is a single-volume novel. A piece of literature wherein whatever is written becomes reality."

"Yes, I'll be using that book to create a world without sin, without abilities. I told you this before."

"Go ahead, Give it a try," You chuckled.

"Dazai-san! Y/N-san!" It was the voice of Atsushi.

"Well then, we'll meet again in the promised land," As soon as Fyodor left, you fully lost consciousness.

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!!!!!!"

......

With the help of the others you were able to heal thanks to Yosano's ability, you were still unconscious as Dazai kept holding your hands.

"Why would you do something like that, Y/N? Why would you risk your life for me? I was so scared that you might be dying in front of me and I couldn't do anything... You know, ever since we left the Port Mafia, I feel like I have been nothing but a burden to you especially as I dragged you to leave the Mafia with me."

"That's not true at all, Dazai," You spoke.

"You are awake!" Dazai looked more relieved than ever before.

"Dazai, I-"

"Please rest for now, you just got shot," He tried stopping you making you shake your head.

"Listen to me," You looked into his eyes, "I never thought of you as a burden. When Oda died and we had to leave the Port Mafia, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been able to go through the two years all by myself... Please don't ever think of yourself as a burden to me," You lightly kissed his forehead.

"Y/N, I-"

"And I also saved you because Yosano can't heal you. If I didn't you could die... and I don't even want to think about what I would do then..."

Without saying anything, Dazai embraced you in his arms.

In this moment, his action meant so much more than any words.

"Umm, we need the two of you right now where the President resides," Jun'ichiro interrupted.

The two of you pulled apart and followed him in which the beginning of a long battle will unfold.

.

.

.

.

~ Bungou Secrets ~

- Your first thought Dazai was that he looked annoying while he thought something was intimidating about you. Of course, this was all but temporary.

- Fyodor has been watching you from afar for a very long time but has no idea what happened to you in the past.

- You seriously hate Fyodor's guts while he loves your guts.

- Dazai is never going to let go of the fact that Fyodor stalked you, kidnapped you, and now shot you. Time for revenge :)