iv

CONTAINS GORE, DEATH ( this means flashback and 'this' means thoughts ) unedited

YUNJIN AHN, 20 years old, deceased. She was last seen alive at approximately 09:30 PM, the night of her disappearance. She did not return home when expected that evening, and was reported missing by her parents at 21:17 PM the same night of her disappearance.

Her body was discovered in the early morning hours, at around 05:33 AM. The following morning, she was found in a remote, wooded area in a cabin 18 miles from her home. She displayed signs of having struggled, and showed evidence of having been stabbed multiple times (13x). A murder weapon was not located at the scene.

No suspects, yet.

Dorothea was assigned to this case with [name] and Nemuri Kayama also known as Midnight who is a 3rd Detective.

THEA SHIFTS HER ATTENTION TO THE LARGE, large, windows adjacent to the front door. The morning sunlight filters through the window, casting a faint glow around the room. Gentle beams of warm light dance across the furniture, as the shadows of the curtains flicker over the floor.

Thea spots a picture of the family next to the window. The picture of the family of four was framed in a simple walnut frame.

The woman and man: the parents, were seated in the center with their two daughters on either side. They all wore comfortable yet modest clothing and their poses were relaxed but natural. Their daughters looked young, 16 to 18 maybe.

     The older sister stood proudly with her arms crossed, looking confident and strong. The younger sister sat with her head cocked to one side, looking up to her sister with admiration and a hint of contempt? There was an air of warmth and affection among the family, and they seemed happy and contented in the moments of the portrait.

Suddenly a flash and Thea wasn't in the present anymore.

"Make sure to be on your best behavior before the photographer comes!" Mrs. Ahn demanded. Her neatly styled blonde hair was left down in soft curls. "We need to look perfect."

The stuffy room was hot and humid, the air thick and suffocating. The windows were tightly shut, preventing any fresh air from entering the room. The walls and furniture were hard as rock, making it difficult to sit and feel comfortable.

The carpet and curtains were thick and plush, and they absorbed sound, creating the illusion of a quiet, peaceful environment that belied the discomfort felt by the family that were sitting in the room. The overall sensation was one of being trapped and claustrophobic, and the lack of airflow only added to the discomfort.

Thea was sitting on the same couch that she was previously, however it was hard and stiff; and now that she noticed, plastic was wrapped on every piece of furniture in the room. As if it was freshly bought. Thea looked to her side after hearing bickering and saw the two sisters from the picture right next to her.