Bracelet

Drew's POV

I sat at the coffee shop table, anxiously waiting for Stacy to arrive. We had been friends for a while now, and I had finally gained up enough courage to ask her out. I nervously rubbed the side of my fingers, a habit I had recently adapted, before I heard the cafe door open.

"Hey, Drew!" I heard Stacy call out to me. I greeted her and signaled for her to come join me at our table.

"W-what would you like?" I stuttered. It had been a while since I had gone on a date, ever since I broke up with Zoey. The strange feeling of being in love felt weird after so long.

"Oh, I'm fine. I already ate before I got here." She chuckled, her bright smile lighting up the room.

Before I could respond back, I remembered the gift I had bought for her. I rummaged through my bag, and finally found the silver bracelet.

"Here, it's for you." I explained, holding out the wristlet to Stacy.

"Oh, wow, I can't accept this!" I reassured her that it was fine, as I had an extremely rich family, before she continued.

"No, I mean, I don't need this. I understand that you used to date Zoey, and she would always ask for stuff. But I don't want your money, Drew..." She trailed off. "I want you."

I could feel my face instantly turn red, as my heart began to pound fast.

"I-" No words were able to come out of my mouth.

Stacy was the one person who gave me a warm feeling in my heart. When dating Zoey, she never really made me that happy, or did anything affectionate. I basically only dated her for her looks, which was a bad idea. But with Stacy, she's cute and smart and has such a warm personality that I could never maintain.

After a lot of thought, I had finally figured out what to say.

"Keep it. It's not just from money, it's from my heart." I flipped over the bracelet to reveal '10/1/2020 the day we met' engraved on the inside of the bracelet. I put it on her, and she stared at it in awe.

"Thank you,"