Fireworks

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WHOOOO

~ ♥︎ ~

Third Person POV

"...and I think that's everything," said Hailey, putting the last of the snacks into Milly's wagon.

The Austin-Wickham family was hosting a fourth of July party for their family and friends. Of course, Michael and Shannon invited the music club as well, along with Daisy and Elliot. They were going to go to the park to watch fireworks, while the adults stayed inside. Usually, Zander would stay inside with Bethany to watch the fireworks since they both had sensitive hearing. But this year, Zander decided to go with the club to the park to watch them, so Bethany wanted to come along, too.

"We're almost there," explained Luke, holding Zander's hand, leading the way.

They were going to the park near the couple's elementary school, so Luke knew the path like the back of his hand. Coincidentally, it was also the same park that the two had confessed to each other at, making the place even more special for the young teenagers.

When they got to the park, everyone helped set up. Blankets were laid, chairs and tables were set up, and snacks were eaten by Bethany who sat peacefully in the wagon.

"Come on, Bethy, there are blankets that still need to be taken out of there. Come sit by me and Daisy while you wait." Sean said, smiling at the younger girl. Daisy gave a warm smile, too, as the lavender-haired girl got up from the wagon into Sean's lap.

After everything was set up, the group got comfortable. Luke and Zander sat themselves onto the picnic blanket, while Jake and Hailey stood by a tree close by. Milly, however, plopped herself down onto her wagon, Elliot doing the same.

"Do you really think that cart is going to be able to hold all of your weight, Milly?" Yelled out Zander, sitting in front of the pink-haired devil. She ignored him, only wanting to focus on the comforting feeling of her loved one close by. Zander just rolled his eyes.

Soon, the fireworks began, creating loud booms every time one appeared. Bethany hugged Sean, making her feel safer from the soundful noises coming from the sky. Zander, too, cuddled close to Luke, covering his ears. The lemon-eyed boy gently put some headphones on the shorter male, calming him down.

Jake and Hailey slowly swayed, watching the beautiful scenery of lights. Hailey started to hum the tune to the Star-Spangled Banner, before Jake began singing the actual lyrics.

Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight

O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

Hailey soon began singing with the peach-haired male, as the rest of the group listened to their small performance.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air

O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

The singers finished their song, as the fireworks slowly ended. The group packed up and headed back to Zander and Hailey's house.