1 - Comprehensive Thinking

After beating boss 75, 14 people had died. No one had time to celebrate since there were all exhausted. But Heathcliff was the only one standing.

Kirito glanced around to room to find his gaze on Heathcliff, remembering his dual and how his defense move was too quick. He put the pieces together and found Heathcliff, the strongest player in the game, was Akihiko Kayaba.

He needed to test one more thing though; but decided it was best to speak to him privately to not cause a full on fight.

After Kirito made up his mind, he stood up.

"Kirito, what are you doing?" Asuna, his wife, only in the game, though; asked. He didn't reply, only to walk past 'Heathcliff' and whisper,

"After this, let's have a talk..., Heathcliff." Before Kayaba could react, Kirito was already using a teleport crystal to said name and Asuna's log cabin. 

"Did he..." Heathcliff mumbled, already starting to anticipate what's in store for their talk.

In Log Cabin...

He started, "Asuna, I'm going to the KoB headquarters in a bit. I don't think you'll need to come with me becau—"

"What did you tell Heathcliff?" She interrupted.

"I— Wh-What do you mean?" He asked, seemingly knowing nothing.

"You know what I mean. You went up to Heathcliff and told him something." She paused and glanced a Kirito before she continued. "Kirito, why do you need to go to the KoB headquarters?"

"Asuna, I need to go there because I need to talk to him." He explained, not going in context.

"Talk to him about what?" Asuna asked, starting to get worked up by his denial.

"Asuna..."

"Do you want to leave me or something? Is there something going on between you two?"

"Asuna—"

"Did I do something? Are you guys just ignoring the fact people recently died, even though we haven't had deaths since about 11 floors ago?"

"Asuna—!"

"TELL ME! WHAT'S SO WRONG THAT YOU CAN'T—"

"ASUNA!" He finally shouted, butting into Asuna's so-called interrogation. "I can't tell you.if I did, you'll come with me, and I don't want you to get hurt..."

"Why can't I come with you? What will get me hurt?" Asuna questioned, still curious about this sudden meet-up.

.

.

.

His eyes went dim.

"..." He stayed silent, then turned his back on her, slowly going onto the menu board to equip a teleport crystal.

He then mumbled incomprehensible words, as a light blue shine comes over him, his avatar disintegrating bit by bit. The last words he can hear coming from the cabin are 'Kirito! I'm going to—"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.