16: Trust Me, You Won't

Aerin cooked Seungcheol's favorite stew for dinner. It was her birthday tomorrow, the day she always spent with Seungcheol. Even though she had always hated her birthdays, she started celebrating them once Seungcheol came into her life. She could say Seungcheol brought light to every small detail of her life. She looked at the clock; it was almost 11.

"He must have gone to bring a present for me; he must be planning to surprise me right at 12," Aerin thought and sat on the couch waiting for Seungcheol. But time went on, and Seungcheol didn't come. Aerin started to get angry now. Why would he be so late right before her birthday? But she still assured herself, thinking he must be stuck in something. He definitely wouldn't forget her birthday. She was getting hungry, so she decided to eat first.

"Hon, you are back!" Aerin chirped as she noticed Seungcheol get out of his car and walk inside their apartment. She quickly hugged Seungcheol, wrapping her arms around his neck. Seungcheol smiled.

"Did you eat?" Seungcheol asked.

Aerin nodded in his embrace. "You were late and I was angry, so I ate. But come, I'll serve you food. I cooked your favorite stew."

Aerin broke the hug and was about to leave to get Seungcheol's dinner for him, but Seungcheol pulled her by her wrist. Aerin felt Seungcheol's soft, warm lips and found herself melting in his grip. The kiss wasn't very sexual or arousing; it was rather a warm and comforting one.

"Aerin Nicole Park, pack your bags and leave. My driver will drop you to your mother's house," Seungcheol said as he gently parted their lips, eyes still closed, their breaths still brushing against each other's faces. "I'm giving you an hour or my security will do its job."

Aerin's eyes widened. She backed off, looking at Seungcheol in disbelief. "What are you—"

"You heard me, so leave respectfully. I trusted you, loved you, but you took advantage of me when I was weak. You broke me and Jeonghan apart so that you could just use me as bait. You wanted to have me because I was Jeonghan's favorite thing. You never loved me."

"Honey, no, what are you saying? Listen to—" Aerin tried to cup Seungcheol's cheeks, but he yanked her hands away. Aerin could feel Seungcheol on the verge of tears; his eyes seemed hurt and disappointed.

"Don't touch me with your bloody hands that you used to kill your father, and I don't know who else."

Aerin's eyes widened. No way Seungcheol knew all of that. He shouldn't, how would he?

"How did you get to know that?"

"What are you talking about, Aerin Park? That Jeonghan is your stepbrother? You killed your father and buried him in your backyard with your mother. Then planned everything? From Aerum catching Jeonghan cheating to our first meeting, then Jeonghan's ex thing, and lastly Nayeon? Like literally?"

"I didn't, hon. I—"

And that's when Aerin felt a slap on her cheek, which made her fall on the floor. No way this was happening again. Seungcheol hitting her was a common thing in their relationship, and Aerin was used to it. But he hadn't done this for a while.

"YOU ARE A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH, PARK. YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID? YOU ARE A MONSTER, NOTHING BUT A PATHETIC ZOMBIE WITH A HUMAN FACE AND AN EMPTY SOUL! I REGRET THESE FOUR YEARS WITH YOU! YOU SEPARATED JEONGHAN AND ME ON PURPOSE. YOU DESTROYED AERUM'S LIFE TOO! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE; YOU SHOULD DIE!"

"Don't say that!" Aerin pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

Seungcheol's whole body was fuming with anger. He held Aerin by her throat, almost making it impossible for her to breathe. "You are leaving me right now! And now watch me earn my love back. Thanks for making it so difficult for me, but I'm going to do anything and everything to win him back."