Chapter 2

Sora:

Breathing heavily, I ran faster and faster to my room.
These tapes are killing me. When I get to my room I frantically look for my keys.
,,Shit!" Shit! Shit!"
I thought I had lost it until I finally found it in my trouser pocket.
When I was finally in my room, I locked the door and in record time took off the bandages around my chest that always keep me from breathing. I gasped for air with quick breaths.
,,I'm going to die from these parts at some point."

The next day, as usual, I got up much earlier than everyone else.
,, I should definitely get my sleep routine under control at some point."
I got up and started to tame my hair, which was way too long. I looked at myself in the mirror.
My eyes wandered to a scissors that was lying on my sink. I thought . I could also just cut off my hair. It was actually easier to hide. I unconsciously held the scythe in my hand. Shortly before I cut my hair, which almost reached the ground, I regained control of my body. The scissors fell out of my hand and I ran my hands through my hair.
,,I'm going crazy!" I whispered and looked into my mirror again. A weak, far too thin, young woman looked back at me.

On the way to our "kitchen" I held my hand to my chest. I slowly opened the large wooden door, went to a large "refrigerator" that stood in the middle of the room where the vampires stored blood, took a packet of it and drank it quickly. My fingers clenched in my chest and I swayed briefly.
,,Everything's fine?" When a voice came from behind me, I turned around quickly, but that turned out to be a bad idea because my balance was lost again and I would have fallen over if someone hadn't held me up.
,,Hey "Hey! What's going on? Is everything okay?" I shook his hands away from me and created enough distance between me and René again.
,, Sorry . I forgot . "After a while there was an uncomfortable silence from him.
,,But please answer honestly. What's going on? Not that you're going to pass out again in the expedition." I didn't say anything, just looked silently at the floor. René exhaled loudly and knelt in front of me, which made me look into his eyes.
,,I just want to help you." I looked at the black-haired man and shook my head. René took off his gloves. I watched him confused. He pointed to my hands.
,,May I just take a moment." I thought about it, but then agreed somewhat reluctantly. He carefully took off my gloves and placed my hands in his. My hands looked much smaller next to him and, unlike mine, his were so warm.
,, Do you see ? I won't hurt you." It took some time until I put light pressure on his with my hands.
,,Come with me." Came from him. He released one of my hands and led me to the blood storage. He took out one of the packages and handed it to me.
,,Drink calmly.” I'm not thirsty." We looked into each other's eyes for a long time. He showed no emotion, as well as so many emotions on his face at the same time.
,,We're leaving in an hour! I repeat! We're leaving in an hour!" came from the large loudspeakers. René and I jumped apart a bit.
,,We should get ready then." I nodded at the black-haired man's statement, bowed to him as a thank you and quickly left the room.