chapter 4

Pov René:

Why is she so afraid of being touched? ...What if... Oh god... Hopefully not!
It had now been almost a week since the incident on the expedition. She hasn't woken up yet. I took her straight to my room and looked after her there. I didn't know why her wound didn't close.
Some of our squad asked where Sora was. I had told everyone that he was lost and that I didn't know where he was. To my surprise, everyone believes it.
I had put the children up in one of the houses that almost no one knew about. There were already two other children there, but they got along well right away. Since the incident, I have a different image of all the children. I used to only see her as blood canned food, but now...
Whenever I don't have anything planned, I'm with the children and give them information about how she's doing. And when I'm happy, they slowly grow on me. Sometimes they even want to give me their blood voluntarily. I've never accepted it before.
I don't want to hurt her.
They have become too important to me in such a short time. They are like my own children. As if we were a small family.
But... What if it were? I had recently left the children's house and went to my room to check on her.
I've often noticed that women have had to experience something like this... There are so many disgusting people in this world... I just hope that's not what I'm thinking about... I'm just wondering... What has What about the fox ears?... And of course the tail... Is it some kind of hybrid? I've never seen anything like this... But... It looks... Cute... Well... I felt myself getting warm, René! Pull yourself together! Of course, she could also be a fraudster who has sneaked into our home! So stop!?
I gave myself a slap that was so hard that the area turned red.
,, Is everything okay René? " I looked at the purple haired vampire in front of me... We looked into each other's eyes in silence for over five minutes.
,,Okay...?" Lacus shrugged his shoulders and walked past me.
Whether he becomes suspicious ?
no, I do not think so ...
my thoughts went back to Sora.
I don't think she's a spy... she or he used to act the same way... she would really be a natural if she was a spy.
I breathed a sigh of relief when I could see my room number. The rooms were set up like a hotel room.
Many rooms were next to each other. They weren't particularly big either.
As soon as you stepped in, you saw the bedroom with a small desk, a large bed in which I let Sora, or whatever her name was, rest and recover from her injury, and a large closet with clothes, blankets, pillows, etc.
There was a small Nightstand on the right side of the bed that had a lamp on it. It also had two compartments in which I had nothing, however.
Another door that led into the small bathroom with a shower, toilet and a small sink was on the other side of the sleeping room.
Almost all of the rooms were very dark. Except those of the higher ranks are vamping. There were almost no windows either. There was a small one a little further up in the bathroom and two slightly larger ones in the bedroom. However, I had to cover one of them with my closet because I had no other space. I unlocked my room number 787 and closed the door behind me.
For security reasons so that no one comes into my room unintentionally and she sees them, I always locked it when I came into my room and left it again as often as possible to really make sure that nothing happened.
Hello closet...
Hello dark gray walls...
Hello empty bed that I never use in my life...
What you see in my eyes...
Hello bedside cabinet that I never use and is actually completely unnecessary...
I slowly started to think something on...
Hello empty bed...
Empty... bed...
I started to realize...

Empty bed!?