Chapter One

*

*

*)

  My life is anything but normal. I have no mother and my father is stuck in a wheelchair due to an accident. I have a twenty year-old sister who spends most of her time whoring around though she already has two kids from unknown men.

As for me I have no future. Thanks to my mom, that is. I was once what you'd call a Dancing Princess. Top of the charts in ballet. I could spin round and round for hours nonstop but no one would get bored. Then BAM! there came the accident and there went my golden career. I wasn't paralysed--that'd be my dad--but the doctor did say I couldn't dance again.

Then the woman I called my mother bailed on us.

A girl I'd prefer dead then stole my position as queen. Lucille is what you'd call her. A sneaky little bitch who wormed her way into my life and crushed it.

Enough of rats like her. You might be wanting to know how I ended up stuck in the middle of the woods, with my legs in shit and my dress torn in half. Well, here's the story.

*

I hung up the phone in shock. My limbs were weak and I couldn't move.

Lucille, performing MY solo!

I couldn't believe it. I worked hard for that solo and now it's all gone down the drain. I felt like pulling my hair out and running around screaming.

The cheek of it! And to think I let her in on my secret moves! That traitor!

I couldn't concentrate all day. My boss gave me a few warnings and that seemed to help a bit. That was, until I heard the familiar jingle as the shop door opened.

"Mum, I want this one...! Eek! No, I want that one! WOW, check out the pink one!" That was the unmistakable voice of a girl I despised more than my mother.

"Not now, Priscilla. We're here for Lucy, not you." The second voice was calm and composed, reminding me of a really evil witch.

"'Not now, Priscilla.'" The frown was evident in the first voice and it made me smile for the first time.

"Carrie?"

I froze when I heard the rich, smooth, velvety voice. I spun around only to be face with Lucille herself.

If only Lucifer could see this right now.

I should have known how true that was.

***

Lucille gave me some cock and bull story about her mother threatening to disown her if she didn't grab the opportunity.

I pretended it was okay between us and even promised to come for the show. I borrowed my boss's wraparound dress but was annoyed when I had to make a quick delivery of some red roses since it was Valentine's Day.

Only, it wasn't exactly quick.