Encircled by inferno

Warning: Panick attack (little part) and traumatic event- abuse.

It's a long chapter, Happy reading!

—————————————————————————————————————————-

For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." ― George Gordon Byron.

~

Korn got three things wrong.

1. Having confidence in Kim's narrative of Kinn and Porsche's relationship. His mistaken conviction that his son was in love with Tawan was a surprise that left him flabbergasted.

The verisimilitude of what you see may not be the truth.

2. The unambiguous truth that Kinn will resolutely choose his family.

A miscalculation led to a hefty price.

3. Granting Kinn a share and power that has the potential to completely obliterate EMPIRE.

Power is a two-edged sword.

He sat at his desk, staring off into space, lost in thought, as he tried to untangle the web of mistakes he'd made. He was under the impression that he had everything. Fully prepared and anticipating the moment, his finger molds to activate the power that will ultimately bring his dream to fruition. Did he genuinely underestimate Kinn or Porsche? Who is in control here? His son or son-in-law. Is Kinn capable of turning against his own family? Kinn's threat to destroy EMPIRE wasn't an idle one - he knew he had the power and everything to follow through on his promise. He was the one who bestowed upon him all the power and authority. While he has control over EMPIRE, if Kinn rebels, everything will fall apart. He had access to the intel that could reduce EMPIRE to ruins.

He gulped down his whisky, feeling the burn. Once again, the source of his trouble is Porsche.

"Sir" Chan bows his head in greeting.

Korn's gaze shifted upwards, and he beckoned Chan to take a seat with a curl of his finger.

"How is that good-for-nothing uncle doing?" Korn asked, pouring himself another whisky.

"He is getting better. He'll have to use crutches to walk for a bit, but besides that, he's good to go," said Chan.

Porsche does really do a number on him, which left him to be hospitalized. The Theerapanyakul personal physician was the savior of the day.

"One thing is for sure, Natta does really live up to his reputation. Do we have any surveillance footage?" Korn asked, taking a sip of his whisky.

The news of Arthee being shot, and the severity of the injury, left him in shock. Without immediate care, he would not have survived. It was a stroke of luck that they arrived on time.

"No, everything was wiped out," Chan replied tensely, hinting at his aversion to having this conversation.

"Keep an eye on him. He is our wild card. Even Kinn can't do anything about it. Make sure the uncle doesn't act foolishly like last time. If he can't keep his mouth shut, throw him to the sharks." Korn said, sounding icy. "You know, the old woman Kim talked to? Paid a visit," he raised his eyebrow, hinting for Chan to catch on.

Chan simply nodded, his expression unreadable.

"You know what to do," Korn continued confidently, swirling his whisky in his glass. "Want to play a round," he gesture for the chess and Chan nodded in agreement.

***

The night seemed to drag on as Porsche's restless mind kept him awake. His memories are like shards of glass, cutting him with their sharp edges. He felt restless and confined, like a bird stuck in a cage. His breaths came in short gasps as he felt the anxiety creeping up on him, and the world seemed to shrink around him. No matter how much he tries to deny those memories, he can't shake the feeling that they may be true. He loves Kinn more than anything, but the fear that reality may be different lingers. As the wild scenario played out in his head, he reached for his phone and called the one person he thought could help him.