Chapter 3

"I lead an elite strike force dedicated to the security of the multiverse--"

"Actually, forget it," Gwen interrupted and motioned to the device clipped around Miguel's wrist. "Can you go to any dimension you want with that watch thing--?"

"It's-- Much cooler than a watch," Miguel said.

"Okay! Sensitive... Look, there is a big flying turkey from the Renaissance I have to bring to justice, so if you don't mind--"

Gwen tried to walk past him but was stopped by Miguel. "It's alright, kid, " he said. "I'll take it from here."

Gwen tilted her head to the side to see big wings looming over them. "'Kay," Gwen replied, placing her hand on her hip. "Knock yourself out."

"Well...-- Why are you saying it like that--"

In that instant, there was an explosion that sent Miguel flying to the other side of the room. "You're not funny!" he shouted.

"Oh, I don't know," Gwen replied as she swung up in the air.

Down below, police officers began making their way inside. Leading them was none other than Captain George Stacy himself. He looked on as Vulture was being ganged up on by both Miguel and Gwen.

"It's really fun cleaning up your shocking mess, by the way," Miguel said sarcastically, tearing off a blade piece from off of Vulture's back.

Gwen tried leading Vulture by the wings with her webs. "What mess?"

"Kingpin's collider!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Vulture demanded to know.

"None of your business!/ You shut up!" they both immediately shouted in response.

"¡Cállate!"

"Nosy!"

Gwen then turned her attention back to Miguel. "We saved the multiverse!"

"You left a hole wide enough for guys like him--" Miguel said, moving out of the way of incoming debris and art pieces. "--To randomly get shot into the wrong dimension!"

A giant art piece of what looked like a lobster fell onto the floor with a loud metal thud, landing right beside Captain Stacy. "Now I'm stuck putting everybody back where they belong," Miguel continued to explain, swinging off of Vulture's back with Gwen following. "Before all of time and space collapses!"

They swung through one of the balcony levels and picked up some civilians, moving them out of harm's way. "Now, don't even get me started on Dr. Strange, the little nerd back on Earth 1999999!"

"Who's Doctor Strange?" Gwen asked as she ran alongside Miguel. "Sounds like he maybe shouldn't practice medicine."

She then shot out two blobs of web, securing Captain Stacy's wrists to the wall. "Sorry, Captain, can't talk right now! I'll be back!"

"Wait--! Hey!" Captain Stacy called after her.

In the air, Vulture had brought out a mechanic backpack full of explosives. He released every single one, watching as they began to scatter everywhere. "So, you want me to handle this, or...?"

Without even responding, Miguel climbed the balcony railing and launched himself into the air, wrecking every explosive that came his way with his talons. He then brought out glowing red webs, using enough force to shatter every single explosive unit. 

"Huh... Okay," Gwen mumbled to herself as she looked on at the scene.

She then narrowly dodged another explosive unit and swung back in the air gracefully. Miguel had landed on Vulture's back and began dismantling him apart, even slicing one of his wings clean off with his blade. But, that proved ineffective as Vulture quickly built up another wing.