XXX. How You Get The Girl

★ thirty ,
how you get the girl.

SYDNEY   
     august 2023

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ THE ENGLAND vs australia match was one sam kerr had been looking forward to since the moment the women's world cup had started. throughout the practice matches, and matches before the semi-finals. england had only crossed paths with the aussies once, during their practice april matched. meaning this game was a make it or break it. no idea on how exactly the other team played.

for the first time during the world cup, sam was starting. and she hoped to play the full ninty minutes. her favorite part? her defender.

poppy motherfucking gilmore wore a smirk on her lips. odessa wasn't quite sure how poppy was able to qualify for a national team poppy wasn't born for. but poppy had done it. although being a australian, she played against them wearing white and blue.

the game started at eight pm on a wednesday night. winter was beginning to shift into spring, but it hadn't meant the night was any warmer. in fact, odessa believed it was getting colder. she wore one of sams black graphic hoodies. throwing an australian, number twenty jersey over the hoodie. sam had two jerseys, four including the extra two in the teal color. but she had two in yellow aswell, which was the jersey they wore that day. odessa wore a pair of light blue, wide legged. straight jeans. finishing the outfit off with her air forces. before leaving for the game, sam had down two small french braids in her girlfriends hair. odessa wrapped a yellow and green ribbon around each finishing hair tie.

helen roughly wore the same. but she had a green hoodie under her jersey, which had kyras number on it. the two had been getting extremely close since meeting each other. helen had already spilled all the beans to odessa, yet the matildas ( even sam ) stayed unknown to their relationship.

just like the game only days ago. kora sat in odessa lap, basically clamming the twenty three year old as her mother. odessa didn't mind, at some point harper had been gifted over too. now, as the game started. odessa held two children in her hands. helen tried to help her out, offering to take harper. but odessa just glared. proclaiming that they were 'her kids'

the player got into their positions. sam and poppy stood in front of the goalies bigger box. giving themselves space from the other forwards and the goalkeeper herself.

poppy raised an eyebrow "long time no see samantha."

sam didn't reply, completely ignoring the latter.

poppy scoffed loudly "really? you're gonna act all tough? dude newsflash, if she wanted you, she wouldn't have ran off to me"

sam continued to ignore the girl who continued to waffle. the action causing poppy to only grow more annoyed "you know, dess looks real good right now. sucks that she's wearing the wrong jersey. i'm sure i can go hand her mine."

"you are unbelievable" sam finally spoke up.

poppy hummed. satisfied that she got a reaction out of sam "just speaking the truth sammy. why can't you accept that she doesn't want you."

"if she didn't want me, why is her named signed on my boots. and why is she wearing my number and my jumper. holding my niece. with her hair done by me?" sam questioned confidently "come on poppy, you're not that obsessed with someone you abused are you? why can't you accept that you're an abusive, manipulative, liar who tries to go back to her naive ex-girlfriend because no one else shows you the attention you so desperately want."