Mommy It Hurts

Picture-Stella Mills "Mommy it hurts."

REGINA'S POV
"I'm sure she'll be fine, Regina." Mother said, coming over to me. I was still kneeled down next to my baby, tears dropping from my eyes one by one.
"I know, but what if she isn't?" I reply.
"Nonsense, honey. Stella is a strong little girl. I'm sure she'll get through it." she replies, kneeling next to me.
"I'm still worried sick about her." I say, starting to sob now.
Mother gives me a hug and says, "It's ok. I'll be in that hospital room with you the whole time."

Our "moment" was cut short when Zelena says, "It's here."
The paramedics come in and put my little girl on the garney.
When one went out to the ambulance, one of the paramedics said, "You're allowed three people to ride in the ambulance with her."
"I'm her mother, so I'll come. And Zelena I'm sure she'd want you there too. And..." I stop for a moment. "You know what, Mother, why don't you come with us too?"
"Really?" she questions.
"Really."

TIME BREAK-IN THE AMBULANCE

REGINA'S POV
"Mommy?" I hear a familiar voice. I look down to see Stella, fluttering her eyes open. "Auntie Zelena? Nana?"
"Stella! You're awake!" I exclaim, and I hug my daughter.
"Mommy, it hurts."
"What hurts?" I ask, concerned.
"Here." she says, and point to her appendix. Could she have gotten appendicitis?
"Well, we're gonna get you checked, ok baby?" I finally reply. She nods.
"You're gonna be ok, Stell." Zelena says, using her nickname for Stella.
"You're a very strong little girl." Mother says.
"Well I know that!" Stella says proudly, and we all laugh. Clearly, whatever she has hasn't affected her sense of humor! I just hope it doesn't affect anything else!