𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 | 𝟎𝟏

𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 | 𝟎𝟏

"her place"

It's a Saturday and usually Nella doesn't have much to do besides work, cleaning, and cheerleading.

Except this Saturday is different.

Special, because Jay had texted her earlier on in the morning asking for a retwist. She's not ashamed to admit that she smiled as soon as his name popped up on her phone, or that she spent the next ten minutes squealing into her pillow. No, Nella's not ashamed at all.

She doesn't care what anyone thinks—for all purposes and intentions, her and Jay are happily in love.

In her mind, at the very least.

"It's like you get more delusional wit' every day that passes," her little sister, Faviana, had retorted as she passed by her room—catching a glimpse of Nella's excitement.

Then her mother had burst into her room—startling the fuck outta her, ordering her to start cleaning—the sound of Fantasia following her mother as she moved about the house—getting everything in order for the start of the week.

So, Nella texted Jay a time—and he'd replied in less than two minutes—because, of course he would, it's Nella—saying he'd be there and instead of cleaning like her mother demanded, she'd done the next best thing: call her friends.

"Bitch," Nella drawled as the FaceTime call connected—Junele's face popped up first, then Andrea's after—the distinct sound of Andrea yelling at her brother in the background causing her to roll her eyes.

"What's up?" Junele mumbled, her face half in her pillow, purple bonnet covering half the camera.

"You good, Nel?" Andrea had asked worriedly, eyebrows knitting together as she successfully managed to escape her little brother, slamming her bedroom door shut behind her.

"I'm fucking great—my man texted me," Nella cheesed, placing a hand on her cheek.

"Aww, what'd he say?" Andrea smiled, sharing in Nella's happiness.

"Man, its too early fa' this," Junele sighed, pressing her face into her pillow fully, "what'd he say though?" Between the two of her best friends, Andrea always had the most patience when it came to Nella and her crush-turned-obsession with Justin—Junele entertains it sometimes—just not before the clock hits at least two P.M.