𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 | 𝟎𝟔

𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 | 𝟎𝟔

"good enough"

"Nah, I'ma come get you." Kasim told her. They'd been on FaceTime for almost two hours trying to finish their sketches and canvas, respectively. Kasim was the one who'd broken the comfortable silence, suggesting they go out to a little restaurant, citing they'd deserved a break from staring at lines for the past two hours. School had just let out a few hours ago, the sun was setting, and Nella lowkey wanted to spend some time doing her homework, but the offer of food was too appealing to pass up.

"It's fine, Kaz, I can drive myself," Nella smiled, taking another look at her sketch. She glanced up at the camera, seeing him already looking at her from where he was seated at his desk, a smile growing on his own face.

"You never gon' drive yourself if you goin' out wit' me and that's a fact," he nodded, laughing a bit as he tugged on his chain, pulling it out from where it'd slipped into his black muscle tee, "you tryna go though forreal?"

"Hm," Nella hummed, biting her lip, looking down at her sketchbook again, "I mean, I guess. If you really want to go." She challenged, turning it back on him.

"I wanna go--we still haven't hung out," Kasim nodded, leaning forward in his seat, "do you wanna go though? I'on wanna force you to come wit' me if you not on that."

"You're not forcing me, I'm lowkey hungry," Nella confessed, making him laugh, "should I start getting ready now?" She asked, looking around her room for a quick outfit she could throw on.

"Yeah, I know girls take mad long to get ready, my sister is the exact same way, bro," Kasim groaned, causing Nella to giggle, "and wear something cute--we goin' to Nazari. You like Japanese food, right?"

"Yeah," Nella said shyly, running her hand through her hair, "you wanna go to to Nazari forreal?" Nazari was literally Nella's favourite Japanese restaurant, and it was a bit on the pricier side too. "I know a good Japanese all-you-can-eat spot too, it's cheaper." Nella offered, knowing she was going to split the bill either way.

"Nah, what? You said Nazari's your favorite so, we goin' there--don't worry about the price and allat, okay?" He reassured her. "You just focus on looking pretty, but you always do so, I guess you don't really gotta worry about that."

"Stop," Nella groaned--something about compliments had her insides feeling funny, and she couldn't hide the way a smile grew on her face, "alright, I'ma go get ready then."

"Alright, I'ma see you, pretty girl. I'll text you when I'm on my way."

With the call ended, she stood up from where she sat at the bottom of her bed and headed into her bathroom to freshen up.