A perfect day

Katy's POV
"Katy wake up!" A shrill voice said. I groaned and ran my hands through my messy bed head hair, sitting up slowly on my soft, queen sized bed. I wonder what Nate's doing, I suddenly thought. But quickly dismissed the thought as I suddenly reviewed the ball from the previous week.
Why did he leave? Couldn't he have said goodbye?
A deep sigh emitted from my throat as I got up and changed, brushing my hair and putting on light makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror, hoping to change the way I looked by staring at my reflection hard enough.

Ugly.fat.weirdo.freak my stomach sank as I felt the words of the year before weigh in, holding me back.
I quickly packed my backpack and checked everything twice, hoping for a good day. "Get down now!" The shrill voice shrieked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly ran down the stairs to reveal my perfectly clothed mom, who was glaring at me right this moment .
"Why are you so slow? Geez" I ignored her and slipped on my beat up converse,opening the door in a hurry. "Don't ignore me" a low voice said. I winced in pain as sharp nails penetrated my arm, leaving a mark. I forced a smile and ripped my arm out of her reach, ignoring the stinging. "Ok bye". Tears rushed to my eyes as I hurried out, leaving me alone with the thoughts of a different life, in another place.
My mom was a perfectionist, and has always been this way, well since my dad passed away. He was the owner of a company that created and invested in new products and companies, and had a knack for making people laugh. I've always wondered if my mom would've been different if he was still around.
I shook my head at the thought and hesitantly stepped onto the bus, watching as people eyed me and stared at me with a smirk on their face. So much for a perfect day...

Sorry about the short chapter! But I'm working on something with Nate to reveal his past a little bit more....