Nico

I would murder a thousand men to be able to see that look on her face again. I had been dreaming about how she would react to seeing me again but nothing I could create would do her reaction justice. The color drained from her face and her big beautiful brown eyes widened. I would bet anything that her heart started speeding up in her chest too. God, I would never tire of staring at her. She looked stunning in her red dress. It was short and backless just like the dress she was wearing last night. However, this one had a gold chain holding the dress together. I would love to snap that chain right now and watch the dress fall to the floor. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to accomplish. But I need to control myself, her parents are here. That can wait until later. Her dad keeps droning on about lord knows what. I don't care enough to listen to what he has to say. I would much rather spend my time watching her squirm in her seat. her ebony hair is straightened and lying on her shoulders. She looks like an angel descended from heaven. If I didn't know her I would assume that she was an innocent girl that kept to herself. But based on last night I know that's not true. Dinner is brought out for us and the bland conversation continues.

"So Nico I wanted to tell you about the deal that the Ricci's are offering."

"No disrespect Mr. Mancini but ladies are present and I would rather not talk about work with them here."

He stammers a bit, "No of course. How rude of me."

Her mom looks like she wants to ask me a question but is too scared of making her dad mad. When we are married our relationship won't be like that. She will be my equal and will be able to do what she wishes. Within reason. After what seems like an eternity dinner is over and I excuse myself for the evening.

"Thank you for the dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Mancini. It was delightful. We will have to do it again. I would like to meet with you two later this week to discuss the wedding and when you would like to make our deal final."

Her mom blushes and smiles, "It was my pleasure. I'm happy you enjoyed dinner. We will be excited to hear from you later this week."

Mr. Mancini nodded his head in agreement. She is standing behind them with her arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe. Her parents noticed that I wanted to talk to her and leave the two of us alone. I expect her to be grateful that the man she's marrying isn't some old, unattractive, pervert but she has other plans.

"Did you know?"

"Know what Maddalena?"

She scoffs, "Don't play dumb Nico, I know you are the opposite of that. Just answer my question."

I don't want her to be upset with me. Would it matter if I told you last night that I knew who you were?

"Yes, I knew."

"Of course you did. And you couldn't be bothered to let me know?"

I take a few steps closer to her. She pulls herself off the door frame and stands up straight.

"What did you want me to say? Hey, I don't want to creep you out but the person you are forced to marry is me?"

She throws her hands up in the air. "Yes, that would be better than finding out tonight."

"How does that change anything?"

"It just does."

I close the space between us. I can smell the perfume she uses. It has notes of sage and tea. I place my hands on either side of her body, caging her against the wall. The heat practically radiates off her body. I know she wants me. She just doesn't want to admit it.

"It changes nothing. You got a test drive before buying the product. And I promise you I'm going to become your favorite thing you've ever bought."

I place a kiss on her cheek and walk out the door without saying goodbye.