Family Dinners

Piano music bounced softly off the pearl walls of a distinguished home, the barriers held no sentimental value to anyone, and the off-white walls were devoid of even any art or even family photos.

A grand piano was below a stairwell, this is where Nemo was playing, while in his family home.

"Geronimo!"

He stopped playing, turning at the sound of his given name, seeing his little sister running toward him.

"Hey, Sparrow," he replied, standing up from the piano to hug her. He always enjoyed their hugs.

Sparrow, the youngest of the Hoedemarkers, was often described as her mother's mini-me.

She had the same pearl-white skin as her brother, the pinkish purple eyes of her mother, unique dual white and black hair that no one in the current family holds proudly, and she wore the symbolic pearls around her neck that marked her as a member of the family.

"Sir Geronimo."

Nemo cut his eyes toward the maid watching over his sister while he hugged Sparrow, "I see it's mother's day off once again."

"Lady Wisteria is very busy, sir."

Nemo rolled his eyes, "My mother is a drunk, she is never busy!"

"Geronimo, can we have my piano lesson today?" the young dual-haired girl asked.

He smiled down at his sister, "That's why I'm here," he answered with a small smile before sitting at the piano again, "Have you been practicing?"

Sparrow nodded as she stared at the keys before showing her older brother how much she improved since they had last had a piano lesson.

The middle-aged maid stood not too far from the little miss.

An hour or so passed with Nemo and Sparrow continuing their little piano lesson before Nemo felt someone approaching.

He looked away from his sister, to find that his mother was approaching from the foyer.

"Hello," he scoffed, "mother."

The maid bowed at the lady's presence.

Nemo only resembled her in hair color, her skin was olive colored, her eyes the same color as her youngest daughter, and her pearls hung from her earlobes.

"It is nice to see you, Geronimo," she spoke in a low tone that was very wobbly.

Nemo only let out a grunt, "Sparrow, I think we gotta cut it short today."

Sparrow stopped playing, her smile fading and her lips forming a thin line.

"When will you be back?" she asked as she stared at the piano keys.

"I don't know, Sparrow," he answered.

"Will it be soon?"

Nemo frowned as his little sister looked up at him with a discouraged look on her face, "...I'll try."

"Promise?"

"Promise," he replied sorrowfully.

Nemo stood from the piano and headed for the entrance.

"Geronimo, will you be back for dinner?" Wisteria asked as he passed by her.

"Nope, I have better things to do," he scoffed before leaving the mansion.

He went to the train station, so he could head back to the college.

Early in the morning, the college administration informed the facility and staff that the college lockdown had finally been lifted.