Until The Marigolds Bloom

"Hey, Rowan?"

"Yeah?" Rowan inquired, looking up from their hand-held gaming device to look at Georgia. The lockdown during Spring Break had allowed them to game more than they could ever dream, and spending time with Georgia had been nice.

"Do you like Elias?" Georgia questioned.

"I mean yeah, he's my friend, of course I like him," Rowan replied, watching Georgia do her skincare routine.

Georgia giggled, "He likes you, a lot," the seer commented, "Like a lot a lot."

There was a mischievous look in her eyes.

"And what do you mean?" Rowan asked her with raised eyebrows.

Georgia laughed, flapping her hands.

"What?! Georgia, tell me what I'm missing!" they now sat up at the edge of the bed, from their relaxed and reclined state.

"Rowan, he likes you!" Georgia snickered, "Not a "my friend" like. It's a "I want to be your boyfriend" like. Rowan, he might even love you!"

Rowan instantly blushed a dark red, their whole body becoming flushed, "No..."

"No! What do you mean no! Rowan, are you blind?!"

"Elias is just being nice—"

"Rowan! Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Georgia scoffed while laughing, "Even in the short time we've spent together, all of us can see Elías Hoedemarker has the hots for you!"

Rowan curled into themself, pushing their back against the wall that the bed sat against.

"And it looks like you feel the same!" Georgia squealed.

"I don't know," Rowan muttered, "He's nice and everything... but—"

"You've never done any of this before?"

"Yeah," Rowan sighed, "What if I mess it up?"

"Oh Row, I don't think you could ever mess up with Elias," Georgia cooed.

This all felt so strange to Rowan. This fog, this haze, full of memories both new and old. But now was not the time to sit with that if the light that they could see through their closed eyes was any indication. They groaned as they tried unsuccessfully to block it out.

Once they finally opened their eyes they realized they were in the infirmary. The sun was brightly shining through the window. Their beetle plush sat on the end of the hospital bed, while Elias was asleep in a chair that had been moved to be as close to the bed as possible.

Rowan was immediately hit with a wave of guilt. They made him worry.... a lot. Georgia would probably say, "a lot a lot."

Elias was sleeping so peacefully. They sighed as they just sat and watched him.

Goddess, his eyelashes were so long and gorgeous. His hair was disheveled but still luscious. His dark cuffed jeans suited him quite nicely, and his homemade cloak shirt was lovely too. Even though he was scrunched up in that little chair, Rowan couldn't help but see him in all of his beauty.

He stirred in his sleep, which made Rowan attempt to avert their gaze.

"You're awake?" Elias muttered lowly, meaning it as a statement but it came out more like a question.

"I feel like death," Rowan said honestly.

Elias chuckled, adjusting himself in his chair, "Thankfully you're alive," he replied, "You've been out for a whole week."