You need me

"What is it?" Will questioned.

"What's what,?" I said nonchalantly, despite the fact I knew exactly what he was asking.

He assessed my face, clearly smelling my bullshit.

"You've been staring at the screen for the past twenty minutes, your eyes were unmoving, I know you weren't reading. Something is on your mind."

"Thought you didn't ask those questions in this line of work," I teased, attempting to get him off of this topic.

"Yes well, now I'm asking." He spoke firmly.
Great. It's one thing to have to lie to an FBI agent, but to will? This wouldn't be easy.

"I'm on my period okay? Happy now,?" I said with substantial volume, hoping to embarrass him into silence.

"I admire the effort Anna but your menstrual cycle won't deter me, I'm not in 5th grade. You have a distinct tell when you're lying by the way," he said, matter of fact.

"What's my tell?"

"If you're not telling, neither am I," he said, a smirk replacing his typical scowl.

"Ahh okay, that's how you wanna play this" I mused, entertaining his playfulness.

"What's so amusing,?" Jack said, quickly approaching.

Will swiftly recovered, pausing our stare-down.

"Nothing, What's up Jack?"

Thankfully more often than not, Jack always had other things on his mind, occupied far too much to care for our antics. He perched on the end of my desk, a solemn glint in his eye.

"Anna, I've noticed how hard you're working on the WC case. I'll Keep it brief, your efforts don't go unnoticed, I know this isn't easy but you persevered. Good work." He spoke with all the sincerity a person could, emphasizing his last two words. He placed a light palm on my shoulder as he walked off.
Will mirrored my look of surprise.

His eyes then drifted up, peering at something over my shoulder.

"Hi, Will," said the deep hum of a voice behind me.

"Hannibal, what are you doing here?" Will said, almost accusatory, I suppressed the urge to laugh. His social cues were terrible.

Hannibal's impressive stature came into view.

"Jack needed my presence for a case."
He turned to glimpse at me, a slow smile gracing his features. "Hello Anastasia, are you well?"

I could scarcely ignore the heat now circling my belly, also making its way up to my cheeks. Shit.

"Are you okay Anna,?" Will questioned.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. I am Thank you, Dr. Lector." I said, pressing my palms to my cheeks to discover their embarrassing fervour. Why the hell am I blushing? The AC must be broken.

"I'm glad, Anastasia." He said, at a volume only I could hear.

Hannibal's eyes Lingered on my face a few moments longer, I could've sworn he smirked beneath his stoic expression.
Leaving us in pursuit of Jack, the only thing that remained was his scent. The woodsy aroma infiltrated my lungs. As the hours passed, I began to crave it, needing it from its source.

I left the bureau in good spirits, if good spirits meant murderous of your boss. But when am I not homicidal? To my displeasure, Adrian frequented his visits. The contents of my stomach threatened to escape at the mere sight of his face.

Thursday arrived quicker than anticipated, and I found myself almost looking forward to it. I liked Hannibal's company, he'd become the beacon, centred in my storm.
I'd always trained myself to keep things contained, yet in Hannibal's presence, I felt myself unravel.
But thankfully, my self-preservation surpassed those unwanted feelings of weakness.