chapter38

When Veer went outside to take a business call, Kavya had just finished her food. She grabbed her phone and her eyes bulged when she saw the amount number of missed call from her Dadu and Aisha.

She gulped nervously. Her Dadu wasn't simple man. He probably thought she had been kidnapped and murdered by Armaan Kashyap. His private sources would surely told him about what happened, especially the wine incident at the banquet.

Kavya took a deep breath and called her Dadu. It was pickes up on the first ring, but strangely enough the line was silent.

She bit her bottom lips in confusion. "Dadu? Are you there?" she shuffled in her bed to shift to a more comfortable position and prepared herself for an earful.

When she met with silence, she glanced at her phone to double check that it had connected. It is.

"Uhm, Dadu?"

"Hmm, that's strange. I don't have a potee (granddaughter)". Mahendra Rana's completely serious and deathly calm voice nearly made Kavya sigh. He was really petty.

"I apologize, Sir. It seems I've called the wrong number-"

"Speak." Mahendra Rana interrupted, his lips twitching to smile. Originally, he was furious that she had disappeared for 3days leaving a trail of crazy headlines published about her and, a long time of wrinkles on hia forehead. He was incredibly worried about her especially when his private forces couldn't locate her.

Even as Kavya spoke, her phone was being tracked.

"Did you see the headlines?" Kavya started off, wondering where she would begin her long story.

Mahendra Rana hummed. "If you're talking about your potential partnership with that brat, Teer or Meer Oberoi, whatever his name is then yes, I have seen the incredibly foolish headlines". He muttered, like a petty grandfather. He was unhappy about hearing her partner to the banquet was none other than the man who saved Ahuja's corporation stock market.

Lakshya nearly heaved a sigh. Did his boss have to insult someone so high up? He knew Mahendra Rana had a close relationship with the Oberoi's but wondered if they were close enough to be an insult basis.

"His name is Veer Oberoi, Dadu. And well....you're not wrong. Haha..ha." Kavya nervously laughed, her voice going a shrill too high.

"..............................
..............................................................."

Neither of them spoke for a few seconds until Mahendra Rana sighed. "I want to hear the full story from the beginning to the end." He leaned his head on fist, a dark frown on his face. Why was his granddaughter a magnet for powerful business? First, it was Armaan Kashyap and now it is Veer Oberoi. He knew he should've expected this with her beautiful face and impressive business acumen.

Kavya started her narration from the hospital by Aisha, donating blood, the gift war, the wine pour at the party. Veer swooping in as her savior, and up to the point where she suddenly fainted.

By the time she was done, Mahendra Rana had an incredibly dark expression on his face. It was as if there was a storm cloud over his head. His expression was so frightening, even Lakshya gulped.

"That Armaan scum did what?" He seethed, slamming his hand onto the wooden desk beside him.

Lakshya was startled at the light cracks that formed on the surface.

That must've hurt Mahendra Rana's hand but he didn't even flinch from the impact. He was so angry, he wasn't aware of the physical pain.

"Dadu, was that the only thing you heard?" Kavya teased, in hopes of listening the atmosphere. She couldn't afford for him to get so angry as it wasn't good for his BP.

"Which hospital are you in?" Mahendra Rana ignored her question. It was a good attempt but not distracting enough.

That Armaan Kashyap never learned! He sure had a lot of guts, attacking Kavya without hesitation. Who did he think he was?"

"Fortis, in the VVIP ward on the top floor...." Kavya trailed off when Veer walked into the room.

He walked to her, checked that the food plate was clean, then nodded his head like an approving dad.

"Good girl." He muttered, whacked his hand away. "I'm not a dog." She mouthed at him, to his amusement.

No one has ever rejected Veer's touch, especially one so gentle and adoring. He wanted to praise her yet she jumped to the worst conclusion possible. Seriously, what was wrong with this woman?

"Fortis, VVIP ward? I assume this has something to do with that Teer Oberoi." Mahendra Rana waved his hand to Lakshya to prepare the car. With a polite nod, Lakshya walked out of the room.

Kavya chuckled at her petty grandfather. "It's Veer Oberoi". She corrected, knowing he purposely said the wrong name.

At the mention of his name, Veer titled his head down to see her. Kavya ignored his heavy and curious gaze as she paid more attention to her Dadu.

"Whatever his name is, I don't care." Mahendra Rana muttered.

Kavya laughed at his humor. Regardless of the fact that Veer's company saved Ahuja Corporation from their heavy stock drop, Mahendra Rana would still not care for any man that was close to his precious Princess.

In this world, there was only a handful of people who could speak about Veer so badly without consequences and Kavya wondered if her Dadu was one of them. They seemed to have a close relationship, but she couldn't figure out why.