Chapter 11- By the Three Moons

Obsidian and Jasmin made camp in a cave near the shore. As the night settled in, Obsidian shared a bit about the future, from his universe, at least. He described books and Pantala, DeepWings, LeafWings, SilkWings, and HiveWings, and other things. He also mentioned the Hive Mind which existed at this point in time.

Jasmin furrowed her eyebrows. "That sounds awful," she said. "I for one hope I never have to go there." Obsidian murmured in agreement. Just as the dragons settled down for the night, a sudden swoosh made Jasmin open her eyes again. She recognized the three NightWings standing on the beach, because they were identical. "Moonwatcher?" she asked.

The three dragons turned around. "Hello," said the first Moonwatcher. "Have you seen a IceWing-SeaWing hybrid named Skua? I'm looking for her, and my visions have told me that you can tell me where she is."

"Oh, her? She's down at the Deep Palace with her alternate sister Lapis, visiting Queen Coral."

"If it isn't a NightWing legend," Obsidian said. "At least you like reading, that's one thing we have in common. I'm not a dragons-dragon myself."

Moonwatcher One gave him a nod, and the other two Moonwatchers were whispering nervously. "How's Skua doing?" She asked.

Jasmin though for a moment. "She's doing okay. She's still basically blind and she gets sad sometimes, but, she's managing."

One grew worried. "Still blind? That's not right... she's supposed to have recovered by now! That other dragon must have hindered her healing."

Jasmin tilted her head, curious. "What do you mean? Are you a healer or something?"

"You must not have had your library fire yet..." One trailed off. "So Skua told you about Carnelian, that was where that came from. And my confession then..."

"By the three moons, what are you talking about?"

Moon Two turned around. "Jasmin, Mirage, whatever you go by. We are capable of mind reading and visions." Jasmin turned her head for conformation, and One and Three nodded their heads. 

That night, all five dragonets took turns keeping watch. Two had a terrible vision overnight, and Jasmin was worried when she settled down for sleep.

She suddenly woke up, sitting besides Obsidian, Skua, and Lapis. In front of her was a SeaWing she'd never seen before. None of the moons were anywhere to be seen, and the platform she was on was high in the sky, and quite narrow.

"Hello, dragonets," the SeaWing said. She was wearing a crown, so she was probably the Queen.

"Where are we?" Obsidian growled.

"Lapis! Skua! Is this your mother? If it is, she seems kinda crazy."

"She's not!" Skua protested. "Well, not really, anyways."

"She's just overprotective- but that isn't our mother."

"And glad, because otherwise I'd be dead." The Queen said. "NightWing hybrid, and whatever you are," she said, waving her talons towards Jasmin. "My name is Queen Orca. You will obey my commands. Want to know what I can do for you?" She asked.

Obsidian shrugged. Maybe he hadn't heard of Orca. Suddenly, walls sprung up around the group. Skua, who was now apparently able to see, shrank away from the rapidly moving walls. "I can imprison you forever," Orca hissed. The walls suddenly collapsed, revealing a large drop down to a dry arena. Dragons were roaring from all sides of it. "I can send you as a little gift to Queen Scarlet."

Skua shrank even farther, and Lapis reached down to comfort her. But Orca wasn't done. "Make you all NightWings. Kill your families. Tip off some dragons who want to capture you." The platform suddenly shrank to the sand. Jasmin could barely make out a shape in the distance. "But if you join me," Orca said. "I can give you back your fathers. I could make you a pure-blooded IceWing. Give your sight back that that nuisance enchanted. Coyotes are very enduring, you know. And we don't need a mast hybrid giving you orders. Especially not a NightWing one."

"Hey, what's going on?"

Jasmin whirled around. "Moon? Moon!"

Orca whirled around. "I left you out! Get out of here!" Moonwatcher appeared next to Lapis. "You need to wake up, Jasmin." Moon gasped. "Skua! How are you?"

"Still blind," Skua said. "But-"

"I said GET OUT!!" Orca roared, and Moonwatcher disappeared. "Remember that I have your beloved ex-heirs in my possession. The choice is yours."

Jasmin and Obsidian woke at the same time, breathing heavily. "She didn't even tell us what she wanted," Obsidian muttered.

"What she wanted?!"Jasmin hissed. "She has Skua and Lapis! She's an evil animus dragon!" The currently awake Moonwatcher winced and backed away. Remembering what the Moons had said. Jasmin moved towards the shore.

Obsidian shrugged. "Hey, in all honesty, I don't care too much about Lapis and Skua. They're technically Orca's sisters. And I don't usually feel sympathetic. She doesn't seem evil, just... eager to make a deal. And an animus who seems to be controlling her power, not a dragon controlling an animus."

Jasmin narrowed her eyes, "I'm going to get them back, one way or another." She let out a yawn. "After I get some rest, that is." Jasmin curled up to rest, her tail barb now pointed outwards.

Obsidian walked over to the opposite side of the cave. "What's the problem with her?" He muttered to himself. "I bet she has a gap in a relationship somewhere. Something traumatic from her childhood." He let out a groan of frustration. "Why is this so hard? All I want is to be an IceWing." He crumpled to the floor and closed his eyes.

A voice came over him like the wind. "Then we can... scratch each others' backs. Do we have a deal?"

——

Pelagic froze as she could make out music in the background, sounding all too familiar. She glanced at Lavender-Glory for confirmation.

"It's the song," Lavender-Glory said grimly.

Inside her room, Jellyfish closed her eyes. "I have died every day waiting for you," she whispered. "Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you... for a thousand years..."