𝟏𝟒 | 𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐢'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘/𝐍

3rd POV

3rd POV

"Is it true that the president was attacked?!" Atsushi shouted as he entered the Armed Detective Agency. 

"Yeah. He survived, but he's unconscious and suffering from mysterious symptoms. He isn't improving even with Yosano-sensei's abilities," Kunikida explained. 

"There have been a lot of similar attacks recently. Ability users are being attacked at night, with no one around to see. Some have already died," Dazai informed. 

"What do we know about the attacker?" 

"Only that they use an unknown ability and that they wear a mask." 

"A masked assassin." 

"Of course, the attacker may be dead before we start running around. Atsushi-kun which organization do you think stands to lose the most if an ability user-killer were to go in a massacre in town?" 

"The Special Ability Department?" 

"In this town, it's the opposite. It's the Port Mafia. For the Port Mafia, wardens of the night, the relentless killing of the ability user on whom their existence depends is an insult akin to having a knife swung around at their nose. If one of the Port Mafia were to fall victim..." 

"Their credibility would come tumbling down. But will they take action before there are any casualties?" Kunikida finished. 

"'The first to make a move wins,' that's what Mori-san would always say. I guarantee they will act. They may have even discovered the attacker's hideout by now." 

......

Fyodor has successfully stabbed the leader of the Port Mafia. He was currently looking for his hat. 

"My hat is missing." 

"Is this what you're looking for?" Dazai said. "Hey, demon Fyodor." 

"It's you. I haven't seen you since Mukurotoride."

"A double-prolonged attack that used the masked man as bait. I expected as much from you, so I took the liberty of figuring out your escape route and waited. How do I look?" 

"Terrible." 

"Oh, fine. Have it back, then," Dazai threw the hat back to him, "That has your name written all over it. You tinkered with a poor priest's head and turned him into an assassin, and had him attack the leaders of two organizations."

"And what business do you have with me today?"

"I think I'll have you tell me what poison you used on my boss. I know what your goal is. In order to obtain the book you need, you'll purge Yokohama of all its ability users. But you Rats don't have the manpower to burn down the entirety of Yokohama the way the Guild did. That's why you first tried to convince my belladonna-chan to join and when that didn't work, you tried assassinating the heads of the Detective Agency as well as the Port Mafia."