(23) PROMISES EXCHANGED

Life can put forward any kind of hard question in front of us at any moment, but the favourite of life for doing so is special occasions, mostly

Life can put forward any kind of hard question in front of us at any moment, but the favourite of life for doing so is special occasions, mostly. It's difficult to derive the answer of why life does like that in between these two possibilities, whether it gets pleasure to pain us or it makes us ready for the upcoming pace of pain.

A special occasion was getting celebrated in Dwarka showering the whole palace with its joy. The special occasion was Pradhyumna's birthday. Everyone was rushing here and there ensuring preparations even though major portion of preparations had been completed.

The most unexpected scene was Rukmini who supposed to be the happiest at her son's birthday was shedding tears.

"Matashri, why are crying? It had been years. I am with you right here," Pradhyumna was consoling Rukmini side hugging her.

"You had been separated from me after your birth. Even after trying so hard I couldn't forget those days which I had to spend without you," fresh tears gathered up in Rukmini's eyes when she looked at her son.

"Calm down, dear. Separation from sons had been the fate of mothers of our family. I had to cry over the death of my six sons, and had to remain away from Kanha and Balram for years. I can connect with your heart," Devaki, who was sitting with the same tears of grief caressed Rukmini's hairs, gently.

Reminiscence rushed over mothers' hearts which were racing with the mere imagination of past through which they had passed, and which had its marks preserved in their hearts.

"You both had crossed the most difficult times of your lives. You both have to get happiness, happiness and only happiness in future. So, none will cry from now on," Rohini stood up from her place, and wiped tears of both the ladies with playful stern eyes.

"I understand both of yours emotions, but try not to remember those days for the shake of those happy days we have spent together," Pradhyumna managed to smile them. The frequent mention of happiness forwarded its affect in the air.

"I will try, but you have to promise me that you will always obey me whenever I says something about your health and your daily schedule and even about your outing," like a cute yet adamant child Rukmini demanded for the same promise which she used to ask from Pradhyumna on his each birthday.

It was like she was renewing the promise asking his acceptance,once more. He nodded in positive response.

"No space for my suggestion even!" Kanha approached the lovely scenario of mother and son smiling at each other.

"You used to say that mothers have prime right over their children, right?" Rukmini spared a glance at Kanha while caressing Pradhyumna's face.

"I always accept my defeat gladly from mothers. So sweet of you for making feel the same joy," Kanha wasn't the one to be defeated at first place.

Addressing Rukmini as sweet he earned a shy smile from her which was signifying his victory in the vivid colours of Rukmini's smile.

Everyone was smiling, but a face was looking at all of them was lost in his own thoughts. He was none other than Abhimanyu. Devki's words about ill fate of mothers of her family had lined a deep impact on Abhimanyu's heart.

He didn't take time to imagine his separation from Subhadra which was too obvious to avoid after listening all those.

"Maa, can I talk to you for a short? It's important," Abhimanyu tried his best not to bother Subhadra with his tensed voice, but he was hoping the least to hide his worry from her.

"Why are seeming so tensed, Abhi?" A mother is always an expert in read children's eyes. Subhadra too understood the matter at her first glance.

"Maa, will you cry if we get separated?" The little boy couldn't even visualize his mother in any kind of misery even though she had been going through the test times of fate.

"What kind of question is this? Why did it even come up in your mind?" The affectionate heart of mother ached at the unexpected question.

"I heard matamahi saying about her separation from mamashri. Even bhrata Pradhyumna too got separated from mamishri. So, if I get separated from you then?" He explained the reason which had made the question rose in his mind.

"The separation of your mamashri and bhrata pradhyumna had a purpose planned by destiny. After fulfilling that they both returned, right?" She caressed his hairs sensing his love for her.

"What if I don't return, Maa?" Childhood curiosity reached at the roughest surface creating unknown chaos in mother's heart.

"Abhi, why are you saying such? Nothing will happen to my dear," dau walked near the duo catching the same concerned look from Subhadra.

"Mamashri, I want my answer from maa," Abhimanyu looked at Subhadra urging his answer, silently.

"I have trust on you that you won't let your maa cry in your absence, and I promise you to look after your mission instead of missing you if you have to go away. I am sure that you will keep my words," she had to calm his mind down or else it would have affected his peace, his health and his education. The wise mother chose words carefully in care of her son.

"I promise that you don't have to cry in my absence," Abhimanyu hugged Subhadra around waist as her wise had washed out his woes, fully.

"Eavesdropping is a bad manner, Abhi. Did you do that?" Dau shifted a dramatically strict gaze towards Abhimanyu.

"No, Mamashri. I was roaming around, and just came across the conversation," the glint of innocence in Abhimanyu's glowed on dau's as his smile.

"I advice you not to lend ear to anything except the guidance towards your goal," Dau ruffled Abhimanyu's hairs after earning a nod of obedience from him.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏