Chapter 8

No matter how much Bakugo tried to suppress, his anger for the dual haired boy was just too obvious to hide. The blond's scowl painted on his face whenever he saw the colour of red and white. He couldn't even look at the boy without feeling utterly disgusted. How was he to live with him forever? He took away everything the young boy had, and acted like it was nothing. Cruel and pure evil.

*The next day, Bakugo wakes up to see a blue haired man with glasses staring right at him from above, with not a single expression shown on his face*

"who the f*ck are you...?" Bakugo mumbles under his blankets, too tired to speak.

"Good morning sir, you can address me as anything you please. If you need a memory refresh, I ma your new assistant for the time being. Midoriya-san will replace me if i am not suited for your behaviour." -Tenya Iida 

"oh... Go get some clothes for me, four eyes..." Bakugo says sleepily.

*Iida flinches at the nickname but nods, taking some clothes out of the wardrobe*

"is this to your liking?" Iida says as he takes out a white warm sweater and gray sweatpants.

*Bakugo just grumbles and nods*

"Yeah... Just throw it on the bed and get out..." Bakugo mutters.

*Iida nods and exits the room, slightly agitated by the blond's behaviour*

*Bakugo sighs and falls out of bed, putting on the clothes and groaning*

"Of course I couldn't sleep again... F*cking stupid b*tch... Just choose a temperature! Hot or Cold?!" Bakugo Murmurs under his breath.

*Bakugo then opens the door, energy level low and horrifyingly cold. Winter was not Bakugo's favourite season after all...*

*Bakugo continues to walk and shiver towards the dining room, malnourished and freezing, he just wanted some warm food and wished he could fall asleep soon*

*The young boy opens the dining room doors to see the hot'n cold boy he so hoped would be dead by now.*

"Good morning, Katsuki." -Todoroki says with a monotone

*Bakugo just mumbles and sits down on the furthest side from the prince, planning to ignore his existence*

"Katsuki, come sit over here." 

"No."

"There's a heater next to me..."

*Bakugo hesitates before groaning and walking to the end of the table, sitting beside the prince*

"did you sleep well?" -The prince asks.

*Bakugo shakes his head and picks up a grape, placing it into his mouth and chewing slowly while dozing off into a slumber on the dining table*

*Todoroki frowns as he see's Bakugo shiver. He is aware that the blond hasn't been eating or sleeping well. most likely weak and cold.*

"If you're going to sleep, do it on your bed. Not in the dining room" -Shoto says coldly.

*Bakugo sneers and stands up, slowly dragging himself to the doors of the dining room and opening it before he stops to say something*

"I hate you. I hope you know that."   

*Bakugo slams the door shut, leaving the dining hall and growling in rage. He shuts his eyes and continues to walk slowly to his room, remembering the way.

As Bakugo keeps walking with his eyes closed, he sniffles from the cold and sighs, stretching his sleeves to cover up his hands. 

after a few minutes, Bakugo slams into someone and falls over*

"Katsuki? I'm so sorry, I didn't notice you! Aren't you supposed to be eating breakfast...?" A green haired man says.

"ow..."

*Bakugo looks at Midoriya and frowns, shivering and sleepy. 

He stands up and wobbles a little, winded from the fall but also too tired to care*

"Are you alright...? -Izuku questions with sympathy in his eyes.

"I'm fine... Just lost." -Bakugo answers. 

"I'll help you find your way if you'd like, should I bring a heater with me too? You seem cold..." -M

*Bakugo grumbles and nods, sniffling and coughing slightly*

*Midoriya looks in concern and leads Bakugo back to his room, turning on a heater and preparing the blankets*

*Bakugo sits in the corner and wraps his arms around himself, shivering and coughing*

"You know... I really promise he isn't always like this... He just doesn't have many feelings..." -Midoriya was with a pitiful voice as he sits next to Bakugo.

*Bakugo looks away, dipping his head to look at the floor* 

"No matter how he truly is... He may be able to boss me around but i'll never give him even an ounce of respect." The shivering boy mutters as he stands up, looking over to Midoriya. 

"What do any of you see in him...?" 

*The boy frowns as Midoriya sighs, placing a hand on Bakugo's shoulder*

"I'm not dismissing any of your discomfort but wouldn't it be easier to just... try to get along with Prince Shoto? You're living together... Lifelinked... It's just- maybe it'll be better for the both of you."

*Bakugo furrows his brows... Bakugo was a rational thinker. Logically, it would be better for everyone if he just tried to get along with the prince even if it was just a little effort. His people were freed and they seemed to be doing alright. He was being treated with enough food and enough clothing. He had all the protection he needed to live a good life... Maybe for once, he would set aside his ego and let himself be vulnerable once again.*

"...Yeah." Bakugo reluctantly agrees with the green-haired boy.

"I'm proud of you, Katsuki." Midoriya smiles, opening his arms.

*Bakugo leans slightly into Midoriya's embrace, finally letting himself feel safe ever since his parents passed.*