VIII

The cold morning air filled the room, and the two new lovers were enjoying each other's presence and embrace. Even though they barely knew each other, there was something about both of these strangers, that it was driving them to each other by an undescribable force.They had shared a quite passionate night, exploring each other's lips and bodies , caressing each other's skin, getting to know one another in a way that was incredibly new and exciting for both of them.

Now, in the afterglow of their passionate night, the two of them faced the cold morning air and embraced each other once more, secretly not wanting to let go even if it meant they had only just begun.

It all started when he had spotted a faint scar running across her back. He was mesmerized by it because it was unlike anything he had seen before. He couldn't help himself from tracing it with his fingers.

That's when he finally asked her, "How did you get this scar?", he could feel her shiver in response. Her entire demeanor had shifted. The lighthearted conversation of moments earlier had disappeared, replaced with a strange tension that seemed to take over the room.She stumbled for what felt like several minutes before finally speaking in a whisper.

"It's a long story," she began, "I used to be in an abusive relationship. I was with him for years before I was able to break free."

The words hung in the air as he processed what she had said. He felt his fingernails dig into the palm of his hand as he tried to control his rage. His heart pounded as he imagined the pain she had endured. He wanted nothing more than to be able to take that pain away , to make her feel safe again.

"Then one day," she continued, which he didn't expect, "I finally decided I've had enough. I decided I was done with him and his abuse. I wanted a new life so I packed a few things and left him. But, of course, he didn't let me go that easily. He chased me down and dragged me back pulling me by my hair. That's when he did this, as a punishment for my actions." , she pointed to the scar on her back, "He was so angry and out of control, he used his belt to try and whip me back in line."

The story was haunting, but he was even more taken aback by her strength and bravery. Taking a deep breath, he began to speak.

"Nobody should ever have to go through something like that. You're very strong for staying and fighting, especially when it seemed like there was nothing else to do. I'm so glad you got away.", his fingers softly stoke her hair, griping her thigh that was over his torso, in a reassuring manner wanting to calm her.

,, I'm glad too.'', she simply said before snuggling closer against him, '' But it's in the past, it should stay there.''

He silently nodded and waited a couple of seconds before speaking, ''I will be out of the town for a couple of days.''

,,Where are you going ? ''

,, I have some unfinished bussines to solve, but I will be back.'', his fingers brushed her hair as he kept staring at the ceiling.

,,Unfinished bussines.. mind telling me what it means or is it a secret ? '', she moved her head up, not hiding the confusion on her face as her hands still remained on his chest.

,,That's all you need to know, for now.''

,, A secret then..'', she remarked the unspoken, '' As you wish.'', she said abruptly standing up and walking away from his warm embrace.

Confusion washed over his face as his eyes kept following her path to the bathroom that was part of the room. Her cold demeanor at that moment amazed him. He thought he knew what kind of woman he was dealing with, but now even that was being questioned considering that she would surprise him at any moment.

The way she just shook it off and walked away unbothered by his future absence, brought another wave of questions that washed over him.

What does this mean for them?

What will their relationship look like now?

Was this a one night stand or something more?

Will it happen again?

Does she feel the exact same way that he feels for her?

One thing was certain, she had awakened emotions in him that he wasn't even sure existed. He realized that he needed female company, and not the kind he was used to.

He needs her company.

Her laugh.

Her flirting.

Her scent.

Her touches.

Her kisses.

Her ironic comments.

   He needs her.

A/N
_______________
- Sorry for the short chapter, I'll publish another one right away. Votes and comments would be highly appreciated and they would bring me back my will to live. 🙂

Hope you're all doing well!! ❤️