Chp 11: Coincidence

"you know, I miss the times when we used to play together till night fell" ava sighed leaning her head against the jolteon as the two of them sat under the tree on a small hill that over looked the town.

"so do I, but its all in the past now. I am a royal guard which means I must be in the presence of the royal family at all time and today is the only time I am able to leave their side" he replied.

"but still" she whimpered" every day I cant help but wish you were with me instead of in the castle or someplace where the king and queen are doing their work"

He didn't reply but instead wrapped an arm around her and leaned his head over hers.

"I have to go" he whispered.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him close.

"no" she sobbed" don't leave me"

".....i really have to go ava" he said, gently pushing her away. He reluctantly let go of him and watched as he walked down the hill, heading towards the castle where he guarded the royal family.

"if only I was able to convince you to never go on that journey" she thought" then we would still be together"

She sat there on the grass for a few more minutes before heading home.

~~~~~

He stood in front of a pillar as the royal family ate their lunch in the dining hall. The royal family consisted of the king and queen, both jolteons and their three children,

The first child and heir to the throne, prince volt who was a jolteon as well.

The second child, princess kira who was also a jolteon.

And lastly, the third child and youngest of the three, prince Adrian who was an eevee.

"at 1 pm we are to attend a meeting with the flareon kingdom" king ulfric said as he ate his steak" it is regarding the coming wedding between prince cinder and princess flake"

"you mean the truce between the flareon and glaceon kingdom?" queen naira asked.

"yes" the king nodded.

"but don't we have a bad history with the glaceon kingdom father? Last time they ambushed one of our garrisons and stole the grain that we bought overseas from the north" prince volt pointed out.

"I am aware of that" the king replied" but if we are to improve our alliance with the flareon kingdom we have to attend the wedding"

After that all of them stood up and headed out the door to get prepared to head over to the flareon kingdom.

The royal family walked through the path that led to flareon kingdom with a total of 8 royal guards following them. they walked towards the gates of the flareon kingdom where four guards stood in front of it.

"king ulfric, queen naira, the flareon kingdom welcomes you" the guards bowed before opening the gates.

They walked inside to see 5 flareons standing in front of them.

"your royal majesties" the flareon in front bowed his head towards them" I am general ashfel, lord balereon the previous king has asked me to escort you towards the castle"

"very well then, lead the way" the king replied and the flareon nodded before turning around and heading towards the castle, the rest following behind him.

They entered the meeting room which comprised of a large round table with approximately 12 chairs in total. Lord balereon sat on the chair farthest from the entrance and stood up when the guests arrived.

"king ulfric and queen naira, thank you both for coming here to discuss my sons wedding" the flareon greeted politely.

"it is not a problem lord balereon, we are happy to help our neighboring kingdom with her problems" king ulfric replied as the jolteons took their seat.

Prince volt and princess kira sat beside their parents while prince Adrian decided to get away from these boring affairs and explore the flareons castle. Light was commanded to accompany the prince and keep him safe.

" my prince, your father has told not to let you wander off beyond the gates of this castle" he informed the prince who ignored him and ran around the garden.

"woah! These flowers are totally different from the ones back home" the little eevee stared in amazement at a red flower shaped in the pattern of a flame.

He smiled and monitored the eevee as he continued to look at the various types of flowers found in the garden. In the corner of his eyes he saw the image of a flareon walking through a door and into the garden.

" I didn't think anyone was in the garden at this time of the day" the flareon said, walking towards them.

Light immediately recognized the flareon and bowed his head as he approached.

"king cinder, it is a honor to be in your presence" he said.

A look of recognition came over the flareons face as he saw the blue earring on the jolteons right ear.

"say, by any chance have you ever been to the flareon kingdom when you were young? Like when you were an eevee?" he asked.

Light looked up in surprise when he heard the question.

"yes, when I was going through the trial of courage" he replied" me and a companion passed through the flareon kingdom on our way towards the glaceon kingdom"

Cinder laughed, shaking his head as he thought how much of a coincidence this was.

"may I ask why your laughing, your majesty?" light asked.

"first of all, no using these formal terms" cinder said, sitting down on one of the stone benches scattered around the garden" even though I am the king of the flareon kingdom, I have always despised the words your highness and your majesty. Instead call me by my name"

"understood" light nodded.

"sit down on a bench, I have some things that I want to ask you" cinder gestured to an empty bench opposite of him.

Light nodded again and sat down on the bench.

"ok now, tell me about your adventure while you were on this journey for the trial of courage" cinder said leaning forward.......