Chapter 3: Hippocratic Oath

Gotham City
Thomas Wayne Clinic
2:50 AM
Batman POV:

"Augh." Numbness and pain assaulted my body and my last memory. I was pursuing a lead on the Joker location. I had infiltrated the building that the Joker Henchmens were using as a base. I had taken them out, but it was a trap. They had rigged the entire building to explode. I had managed to escape through the roof, but they had anticipated my moves.

A sniper was waiting for me. I had managed to escape from the building with my grappling hook, but the sniper took me by surprise. The suit armor took most of the damage, but it was of powerful caliber.

Someone had done their homework, they made a goal plan, and they played me. It was time to change that.

I groggily open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I am lying on a hospital bed with an IV connected to my right arm with an EKG. I quickly reach for my face and feel the metallic texture of my cowl.

My identity is still safe.

I look down on my body and see that the upper part of the suit is gone, leaving my chest bare and full of bandages and splints. The bandages are filled with some type of herb by the smell.

And the lower part is off, leaving me with half of the protected jumpsuit that I wear under the suit, except my knees, which have something cold and soothing on them.

But before I could muse more, I heard footsteps approaching the room where I was staying. I lay down quickly on the bed.

The door opens, and a man, by the sound of his breathing and feet,

"Hey!, you. You're finally awake." The man called out of ignorance.

I keep still.

"I know you are awake; I put a pencil on your bed, and now it is on the ground, and I know that wasn't because you moved on from your sleep; you sleep completely still like a corpse, so get up; I need to examine you." The man simply said that, shattering my deception.

I rise and open my eyes.

"Where am I?" I demand from him

"You are at Thomas Wayne Medical Clinic; I brought you here after I found you bleeding on the garbage." The man simply says, I start to assess him.

He looks young, he looks at me with a doctor smile, and he is wearing a doctor coat with an stethoscope on his neck.

He doesn't have any weapons, and he isn't tense at any level; he has no deep breaths or tense posture.

"What time is it?" I demand to know

"Well, it's about 2:51 in the morning," he says after taking his phone to check.

I get up from the bed, and the pain makes herself aware as soon as I stand.

"What do you think you are doing?" The doctor asks me

"I need to go back." I try to take a step, and the pain flares up, bringing me to my knees.

The doctor comes and helps me.

"You can forget it." He tells me, putting me back in bed.

"I am fine!" I snap back at him.

He turned to me, his smile and eyes turned sharp looking at me. I could feel pressure coming from him.

I only felt this from three people.
Ras Al-Ghul
Lady Shiva
Deathstroke

"You will sit your ass on this bed, then I will treat you, and only then, when I discard you, will you leave to go break yourself again? Do you understand?" He tells me