IV | nothing.

third person pov.

it's been a few days since claire and ethan are in their aunt's house with jay (their cousin).

some people helped bringing the instruments in their aunt's house. they're keeping them for memories. but claire quits everything now.

she quitted piano class, she doesn't dare to go to that class anymore. she never plays her instruments, and tries to forget about everything but of course failing.

her whole world is gone. her everything is gone. claire completely quitted her passion for music.

worst of all, she didn't keep her mom's promise.

"hey ethan and claire! get ready for the funeral!" their aunt claimed.

claire got ready in a very depressing look. well, ethan did too.

jay went into their room, and saw the gloomy look in their faces. he hugged them and comforted them, and claire started to sob.

"how could this happen to me..." she thought.

an hour later.

they arrived at the funeral. almost everyone were crying. while, claire and ethan are too.

after a while, it was time for claire's speech. everyone quiet down to listen to her.

claire got up and went to the homily.

"my parents, they were the most important people to me." claire signed, while there was a translator translating it.

"they've always been supportive of my passion, and i'm beyond grateful for that."

"when i was younger, i've always gotten bullied by my disability. but, they made me realize that, this is what makes me, me."

"now, without them, i don't know what to do anymore. i was so devastated about it."

her tears starts to form.

"if only, i could say good bye properly."

claire got down from the homily and then it was ethan's turn.

that incident truly broke claire's, and ethan's heart.

as time passed, claire got quieter, and quieter, until she doesn't even try to communicate with her family anymore.

6 years later, 1998.

she started focusing on academics, really surprising because she'd hated studying for those before.

well, good for ethan, he moved on quicker than claire. he started being happy too. he worked on his academics, and also practicing to be a singer too.

but one day, something happened.

claire's pov.

i was studying for my exam. i didn't eat properly, and i keep having less sleep these days. suddenly, i felt someone tapping on my shoulder.

"sis, it's time to eat." ethan said. but i don't want to.

i shrugged him off and continued studying, and then i felt him forcibly pushing me.

"sis, you haven't been eating properly for days. c'mon, just eat a meal already." he signed.

i, of course said no.

"sis. why can't you move on already? it has been 6 years." he told me.

i got mad that he brought up our parents.

"just let me be. i'm studying for an important exam." i told him and i started pushing him.

"claire, have you seen yourself? you didn't sleep for days, now you're eating less? this has become unhealthy. Move. On." ethan told me, he looked like he was raising his voice.

"don't you have respect for your elder sister? i told you, just let me be." i told him off.

"well, i'm telling you to move on. you're being so unhealthy right now. it's been so long after that incident." he told me, looking angrily.

"i told you, just leave me alone." i told him strongly.

"do you think mom and dad would want this for you?" ethan questioned me fuming. i stayed silent. and ignored it.

"for the last time claire. they are dead!" ethan raised his voice at me, i could hear it so clearly.

tears started to form in my eyes, but i didn't want him to see it. i pushed him out of my room, and started sobbing quietly.

"how could he mention our parents like that?" i asked myself.

i cried. maybe, i shouldn't be like that to my younger brother. he was right. mom and dad would be disappointed of me right now.

i tried to focus on studying as usual, but my stomach kept telling me that i need food.

i never listen to that voice.

i kept thinking that why does it have to be them, and not me? i'm less worthy.

i thought that i should apologize to ethan. this was our 3rd argument this week.

ㅡend of IV.