14.

I lied. Its not the end hehe.

_________________

Aether's POV:

I woke up after a very long dream and it felt very real. I can't seem to remember it though. The one thing I remember was Xiao's crying face. Which is odd. I've never seen Xiao show so much emotion. That was what I saw before waking up.

Everything feels weird. The dream felt so real. It took me a while to adjust to where I was and when I did I tried to sit up. I couldn't sit up properly because something was holding my blanket down.

"Ah! Atleast Paimon is here." I spoke aloud.

I felt relieved now with Paimon next to me. Maybe she knows what happened.

"Ouch..!" I winched.

Why does it hurt? What happened? I lifted up my shirt to find my chest wrapped in bandages. I got hurt? But how? Was it my scars? No..they healed. I'll just ask Paimon when she's awake. I couldn't wake her up now, she looked so peaceful.

I pushed myself from the bed slowly and carefully to ease the pain from my side. I wanted to go to the balcony, maybe it'll clear my mind. Why is everything so hazy? I can't remember. There was a chair outside which I found odd but I sat down anyway. I felt so tired, I didn't even walk far. The breeze was cool, it was very relaxing.

_________________

"Are you going to tell him the truth?" Paimon asked worriedly.

"He deserves to know but..."

"Paimon is afraid of what will happen to him." She whispered.

"Maybe someday when Paimon is ready.."

"Even if it is a burden Paimon must carry." Paimon sighed.

"Then we shall share this burden together, Paimon." Ningguang spoke reassuringly.

"We were all involved after he caught the smoke in Inazuma." She continued.

"When you're ready to tell Aether, we will be there too."

_________________

Aether has been sat down on the balcony for hours. He hoped he would remember his dream but he just couldn't. He stared at the stars hoping to remember something.

The latest he could remember was when Kazuha saved him from the Raiden Shogun. The rest is a blur which bothered him so much.

This wasn't what bothered him the most though. What bothered him was why was Xiao crying in his dream.

Suddenly a memory flooded to him. It was from his dream and it was about Xiao.

"Xiao.." He called out.

To Aether's surprise, he got no response. Usually Xiao would appear right away when he called.

"Xiaoo..??" He called out again.

"XIAO!" He yelled.

Still no response. He sighed and laid back onto the chair.

"Paimon!" Aether suddenly called.

"Is something wrong Aether?" Paimon asked concerned.

"Paimon, did something happen to Xiao?" He asked.

"I called for him but he didn't appear. I'm worried." Aether said with worry.

"Xiao? Don't worry Aether! He's busy all the timeee!" Paimon smiled.

"You're right but, I had a bad dream about him a few days ago." Aether started.

"He was crying. I've never seen him show such emotion." He continued.

"I just want to see him. And to also make sure he's alright." He finished.

"Xiao wouldn't want you to worry Aether. He can take care of himself! He's adeptus Xiao after all!" Paimon beamed.

"He's fine, don't worry!" She reassured.

_________________

"I'm sorry, Paimon. I can't wait." Aether said.

"I just have to see him!" He exclaimed in determination.

Aether had snuck out while Paimon was alseep to find Xiao. He had a idea of where he would be as sometimes they would meet there.

Aether had to walk quite far and climb, which he shouldn't be doing as he was still recovering but he was determined to find him.

"XIAO!!" Aether yelled as he made it to the top of the mountain.

And there he was. Stood with his back turned, looking at the view of Liyue.

"Xiao! I found you! It's been so long since I last saw you!" Aether said excitedly.

"What are you doing here?" Xiao asked trying to not sound cold.

"Is it not normal to visit a friend?" Aether giggled.

Aether seemed quite sad after he said that. Maybe he didn't see Xiao as a friend..?

"I had a bad dream, Xiao..." Aether said quietly to Xiao who was still facing away.

"I dreamt that I was mad at everyone."

"That I was angry at you." Aether said with a sad tone in his voice.

"I don't remember much but I guess that it is better that way."

"I'm just glad you're okay, Xiao." Aether said with sincerity.

Xiao was taken aback. No one has ever shown such care for him in years. Xiao felt like crying all over again but he couldn't. Not infront of him again.

"I plan on going back to Inazuma after I recovered. Maybe I'll just take some time to do some sightseeing." Aether smiled.

"I'll leave you be." Aether said with a smile as he turned to leave.

"Aether-" Xiao stuttered.

"If it's not too much trouble..." he continued.

Aether turned around to face Xiao who was now looking at him.

"May I...accompany you?" Xiao asked quietly.

Aether was shocked by his request but smiled.

"Shall we?" Aether held out his hand.

Xiao hesitantly placed his hand in Aether's. The hand holding didn't last long though. Aether was pulled into a hug by Xiao. Xiao's not very fond of physical affection but with Aether, he didn't mind it. Xiao melted into the hug.