ch. 1

ch. 1 [the birth of an aeon]

_____

Long ago, a big blast of space particles shook the entire universe.

Countless species from all over the world looked up at the skies and marvelled at the sight of lights colliding all around them.

Other than such small species, there were particular species that made their way towards the source. Each of them had their own reasons for doing so, but all of them had one thought altogether.

A dangerous beast has been born.

In the farthest part of the galaxy, where no planets reside; a lone ball of light flickered. Such a lonely light managed to attract countless beings to come to it.

"It really is. . . a new Aeon."

"Who could have. . ."

"How?"

Countless whispers around the light made its consciousness shake. The beings around it stopped in fear of erupting the said "Aeon".

A newly birthed Aeon.

Such an occasion brings many possibilities, but only fellow Aeons know how much a single being could have.

Right now, as a new Aeon was in the process of being birthed, other Aeons around it were guessing what abilities it could bring.

One Aeon grew curious and tried to poke the ball of light.

"Ah?"

The ball of light felt a touch invading its privacy and hurriedly sucked the energy brought by such a finger. The Aeon was startled and hurriedly withdrew their finger, feeling their energy lessen.

"What happened?"

Before they could answer, they felt a wave of energy around them and looked at the source of it.

"It's sucking. . . our energy?"

At such a statement, every Aeon grew panicked and tried to exit the vicinity. Unfortunately, the ball of light had already managed to grab hold of them all and rendered them weak.

But they still managed to escape, only they became weak.

As this suddenly went into their mind, they grew horrified at such an ability. Suddenly, they seem to think of a befitting name for such a powerful potential.

The Aeon of Sycophant.

***

"It seems the birthing was successful." A sultry voice chuckled as they walked towards the halls.

"Hey, Elio." The woman called and opened the door to find a man sitting down on the floor with crossed legs and staring intently at the wall. "You seem. . . preoccupied."

"Nonsense, Kafka." The man named Elio waved his hand. "I just saw the birth of an Aeon, something that only happens even in a long-living species' life once!" Elio chuckled and awe. "How beautiful. . ."

"Well," the woman named Kafka smiled and crossed her arms. "Should we proceed. . . with the next plan?"

"Yes." Elio nodded with seriousness. "Destiny says that Nanook will soon find that baby's birth and attempt to destroy it before it even materializes."

"Alright, we'll be going now then." Kafka waved her hand and called in two of her teammates.

This adventure was bound to be filled with trouble.

And so, Kafka boarded their ship with the destination set towards the Aeon of Sycophant's birth.

***

"Himeko, I. . ." A man with glasses supporting himself with a cane came towards a woman with fiery red hair named Himeko.

"I saw," Himeko nodded. "Welt, don't you think this is an amazing discovery?"

"Hm. . ." The man named Welt thought deeply. "Although there are countless Aeons around us, we must remember that only a few can really survive. . . Without support, such an Aeon would surely die."

Himeko took a sip of her coffee and sighed.

All of a sudden, the train stopped.

"Ehem. Attention all passengers, attention all passengers. It seems that an unknown space pod is blocking off the signal of the Astral Express, as such, we will have to make a small stop and examine this pod."

Himeko and Welt heard PomPom's announcement and went towards the monitors.

They saw a small space pod floating alone in such a vast space, it made them heightened their vigilance

"We're on it PomPom."

Welt and Himeko geared up and opened the door to see the space pod floating silently. When Himeko moved closer, she was shocked.

"W-Welt!"

Himeko's cry surprised Welt and he urgently came beside her. Himeko looked at him with worry and opened the space pod to find. . .

"Au. . . huu. . .?"

"A. . . baby?"

Welt was taken aback by this progress and he looked at Himeko for clarification. "This is unexpected. . ."

"Could this be. . ."

Himeko checked the baby's forehead and found a unique symbol and then sighed. She looked at Welt and smiled wryly.

"I guess we'll need to be babysitters for a while. . ."

Welt blinked and took a look at the innocent baby. Suddenly, he felt the future would be tiring. "This baby, is it really them?"

"Yeah," Himeko answered. "I seem to have an inkling idea of who gave them to us. . . but none of that matters for now."

Himeko gently took the baby out of the pod and hugged them gently. She patted their back and smiled, "The moment we took them in, they're already our responsibility."

"I guess so."

And so, Himeko and Welt gained a companion.

The family of three was created, filled with endless mysteries and full of trouble along the way.

The birth of an Aeon was unexpected, it gained the awareness of Aeons but it also gained a family.

Now, they were an Aeon no more. Hidden to live as a Trailblazer, they grew to hide their side and create an entirely new face.

Aeon of Sycophant no more, they will now be called—

[name].

[name] of the Astral Express.