~TWENTY ONE~

Lydia's POV

Warning: Guys this chapter is going to  be sad so grab tissues- Also there are mentions of r@pe so be warned. It will only be in one scene put I will add a warning just in case!

I stand outside of Ben's office, watching my mom scream in pain while Ben and Constance rush around to prepare for the birth. Violet stood next to me crying as I hugged her. Constance looks over at me and starts walking towards me. " She can't give birth here. It's not safe" I state as I look at my mom in fear. " She might get hurt" 

" Well then make it safe. You know what to do." She says as I nod. I run up the stairs and walk to the nursery. Time to exorcise some ghosts.

 I opened the furnace and looked into the flames. I held up the wedding ring as the watch sat loosely in my hand. I tossed in the ring as well as the watch as I watched them burn into the flames.

" What exactly do you think you're doing, young lady? Is that my $12,000 watch that you're putting into the furnace?" Chad asks, standing at least 10 feet away from me. I turned to him as I started chanting. 

" Croatoan! Croatoan! Croatoan!" I yelled. If I was being honest, I bet I looked very stupid doing this but it seemed to be working at least. 

Chad suddenly drops the logs he was holding in his hands and starts to shake violently. It was like he was being possessed. He starts gagging as his chin rises to the ceiling. I backed up against the wall as he stopped.

 He then started laughing as he got up to his normal position. " Just kidding" He laughs.

He leans down and picks up one of the logs from the ground. " Ahh. So where'd you get that one? That press-on nail psychic who was here earlier? I mean, really? The Roanoke spell? Please, tell me you'll be slitting the throat of a chicken next because i've always found that dramatic! I also quite enjoy the burning of the sage to rid the house of spirits" He chuckles.

" How did it not work?" I mumbled looking at the floor in confusion. 

" Of course it didn't work. It's bullshit. It's all bullshit. People make up these spells and chants in order to feel like they're in control. Well, guess what? They're not. Never have been" Chad explains. " What are you doing?" I asked.He breaks the log in half over his knee and tosses the piece in the fire.

 " My own bullshit ritual. There's not gonna be any nursery." He sighs as he grabs more logs. " We're not gonna be parents. Your mother's babies are safe. From us, at least. I'm doomed to spend eternity with a man who doesn't love me. Of course, it could be worse. Your man does love you, but he'll always be a monster" He sighs.

MENTION OF R!PE

"  What are you talking about? You're lying. Tate's changed. He doesn't even remember what he did" I tell him as I try not to believe him. " Oh. When did he change? When he murdered me? When he murdered my boyfriend? Or did he change... when he raped your mother? " Chad smirks. 

" What..." I whisper while shaking my head.

" No you're wrong he would never lie to me. He said I can trust him so I will" I mumbled. " Am I?" He laughs. My mom's screams echoed throughout the house as I turned my head to the door. I looked back at Chad as he smirked.

" I think your about to find out"

====

" Nurse, I need pressure on this" Dr Montgomery tells the nurses. " What the hell is going on!" Ben panics. " She's going into shock. I can't stop the hemorrhaging" The doctor explains. " Vivien, stay with me. Vivien!" Ben yells.

" Mom" I whimpered calling out to my mother as I appeared behind ben. "Camryn" she mumbled giving me a small smile. " I'm sorry I didn't go see you at the hospital. I wanted to I promise but I couldn't. I'm trapped here " I cried as tears fell like a waterfall down my face. " You're here now. That's all that matters." She tells me tiredly.

" Vivien. Listen to me. Concentrate on my words. We can be happy, honey. Just like we were before. Before my mistakes. Before this house" Ben says not knowing I was behind him. " It's okay, mom. If you're in pain, let go. You're safe" I tell her. 

" I don't think I have a choice" Mom mumbles. " Hold on, Vivien. Stay with me. " Ben cries. " Come to this side. Let go. You can be with me. You won't be in any more pain." I say as I watched her lie there lifelessly. 

" Don't die. Don't die on me, Vivien! We can still have a life together. We can still be happy!" Ben cries.

===

I ran up the stairs towards my room as I shut the door behind me. I stood at the end of my bed while Tate was laying down. He notices that I was there and sits up. He smiles as I look down. " My mom is dead. She's trapped here," I said emotionlessly. 

He stops smiling and scoots down to the end of my bed. He grabs my hand as I tense up. " I'm so sorry, I know you were close" He tells me. I yanked my hand back and stepped backward.

" Yeah. I guess we were. My dad's down there all alone now. Violet is god knows where. Probably in her room like always" I mumbled. Tate climbed off my bed and stood in front of me. " That makes me sad. I like your dad. He was nice to me" he said sadly.

" He's nice to all his patients. Even the one who lie to him" I state. " What?" He asks confused. " Why did you start seeing him in the first place? Constance thought you needed help. Do you need help? " I asked coldly.

 " I did! I do" he stutters. " You knew you were dead. Didn't you?" I glared at him. " yeah" He replies. Do you know why?" I ask. " The cops shot me. Right here in this room" He answers. " Why? Why did they shoot you?" I questioned. 

" I don't know" He says looking away from me and shakes his head. " You murdered people Tate. Kids! Like us. The kids that came to us on Halloween. You killed them" I say taking a step forward. " Why would I do that?" He asks as tears rolled down his face. " Why would I do that? Why would I do that?" He repeated.

I stood there watching him break down. It broke me to see that but I just stood there emotionlessly. He brought this onto himself, I can't feel any remorse " No. Why would I do that?" He asks me. 

" I don't know. Why'd you kill those guys who lived here before us? Why would you rape my mother? I snap. " Im sorry. Im sorry. I was different then" He says sobbing." I used to think you were like me. You were attracted to the darkness. But tate... You are the darkness" I say tears brimming my eyes. 

" No. Before you, that's all there was. You're the only light i've ever known. You've changed me, Lydia" He explains. I walked over and cupped his face. " I believe that. You know that I love you so much Tate," I say as he gave me a little smile. " But I can't forgive you" His smile drops. 

" You have to pay for what you did. All the pain you caused. All the sorrow. You murdered my mother and I had to watch her go" I tell him stepping back. 

" No!" He yells. " You did! That baby, whatever it was, it killed her. I can't be with you. I won't be with you." I snapped him as Tears fell down my cheeks. " What are you saying?" he asks me quietly. " I'm saying go away" I tell him backing up. " What? No, don't do this" he begs. " Go away Tate" I raise my voice.

" YOU'RE ALL I WANT! YOU'RE ALL I HAVE" He yells. " GO AWAY" I scream closing my eyes. We both screamed at each other as tears ran down both our faces. " GO AWAY" I yelled as loud as I could as I sobbed. I opened my eyes only to see Tate gone. My breath quickens as I hugged my body. I fell to my knees as I sobbed loudly. Why did it have to be him?

Arms wrapped around my shoulders as their hands cupped my face. I realized it was my mom as I leaned into her. " That was very brave, I'm proud of you" she says quietly. " Mom. I'm so sorry mom. I'm sorry you had to die" I cried into her chest. She shushes me as she combed her hands through my hair.  

" I'm sorry you lost your baby" I added. She pulls my face back and pats down my hair. " But I didn't lose my baby" She smiles. Mom then pulled my back into a hug as I broke down once more. 

" I love him mom" I cried as she sighs. " I know honey I know" She cooes

=====

1611 words