Prologue

Drew grumbled something under his breath, walking down the hallway.

"Drew, wait up!" Liam hollered, as him and his green-haired friend caught up to Drew. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Drew mumbled.

"Are you sure-?" Henry began.

"What do you think, Henry!?" Drew snapped. "Jake just admitted that our whole entire friendship was a fucking lie. And why are you two even trying to be my therapists, anyway!? You two can't take shit seriously! All you do is joke about lettuce ladies three times your age."

Liam and Henry stood there, their eyes wide. Drew had never snapped at them specifically.

"Drew-..." Liam began, but stopped.

"Just leave me alone," Drew grumbled, storming off.

Lia was on her way to class when she heard the boys' fight. She paused, blinking in surprise.

"Wow..." Lia mumbled. "Drew actually snapped at them..?"

She grimaced, as a thought occurred.

"They should be thankful I joined them in the first place! The only reason they need me is because of Hailey's stupid stage fright! They should've known from the minute I joined them that I wouldn't be a 'Music Freak'."

"Well maybe, that 'freak show' is the only place where I feel understood!"

"... It's all my fault..." Lia mumbled. "If I hadn't sent that audio, then Jake wouldn't have snapped... Oh, God..."

Lia walked away, feeling ashamed of herself, leaving Henry and Liam alone in the school hallway.