Chapter 1

Liam got home, tossing his backpack to the side of the corridor.

"Oh, Liam, welcome home!" Liam's mom smiled. "I'm making some spaghet-"

"I'll be in my room," Liam interrupted quietly, shuffling quickly to his room.

"I- Okay..." Liam's mom blinked. "He seems to be in a bad mood... I know! I'll make some brownies, too. I know how much he loves those..." She said with a cheeky smile.

Liam closed his door, sighing as he sunk into his bed. "Why did all of this have to happen..?"

He laid there for about ten minutes, just thinking about the fight between the two.

"... I wish Jake could've been happy with us...I wish Drew was happy now. I just...- Liam stared up at his ceiling. "I wish everybody could be happy..."

"... I can make that happen," A distorted voice hummed from behind the brunette.

Liam turned around quicker than ever, to see a black humanoid figure behind him. It has sharp red eyes, white water drop shapes under its eyes, and a thin white slit mouth. It also has a red crescent moon on its stomach, a star in the middle.

"What the hell-!?" Liam's eyes widened, and he scooted back. "Am I hallucinating!?"

"No," The figure said, it's mouth eerily not moving. "I've come, so you can live your wish."

"I- Huh?" Liam blinked in confusion. "Damn, a demon's stalking me?"

The figure chuckled. "No, no... I'm no demon. You may know me as Svart. You said you wanted to make everybody happy, right?"

Liam nodded hesitantly. "Y-yes, I did..."

"I can make that happen. I can give you the power to make anyone you wish happy," Svart said.

"I... Really?" Liam hummed. "And this isn't a trap or anything..?"

"No, of course not. I'd never hurt you," Svart shook its head.

"What... What do I need to do?" Liam asked, despite his earlier hesitancy.

"Just take this," Svart raised his clawed hand, and a black fuzz glowed. When it faded away, there laid a tiny white top hat, with red lacing around the brim, the back of it folded into a bow. A piece of the red also stuck out the inside of the top.

Liam hesitated. "Do I really trust this thing..?" He thought, narrowing his eyes. He then remembered the end of Drew and Jake's fight. Drew was furious. Jake was regretful. Henry was betrayed.

"... Nobody can be happy forever... Unless there's magic involved," Liam had decided. He reached out, and grabbed the top hat.

§

"Honey, dinner's ready-" Liam's mom opened his door. She blinked, seeing that Liam wasn't there. "Huh?"

She noticed a paper on Liam's bedside table, and picked it up.

Hey, Mom! Don't worry about me, I'll be at one of my friend's house for a while. They're struggling with some stuff and really need a friend there for them. I'll be fine!

-Liam :)

Liam's mom raised an eyebrow. "But that's not like him..." She said skeptically. She suddenly heard a whisper in a foreign language in her ear, and her skepticism faded. "Oh, well... I'm sure he'll be fine..."

She dropped the note, the paper slowly swaying as it floated down onto Liam's bed, and left the room.