Chapter 11 - Ryloth

Author's Note: THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS – no, not yet. But close. *evil grin*

~ Rivana Rita

It's been a few weeks since Bracca, since Raxus, since... Omega was kidnapped. They haven't seen any more from the bounty hunters, though she can't stop worrying, wondering if and when they'll come back next. Her brothers will protect her, of course. She already knows that. And they're slowly starting to settle into something of a routine.

There are... good days and bad. Sometimes, on missions, everyone still freezes up, and she can only suspect it's because of Hunter's absence. No one talks about him, though. She sometimes wishes they would.

They've been avoiding the Empire as much as possible. Omega is certain it'll only be a matter of time before the Empire catches up to them again, but they don't have to push it. Not yet.

Echo seems... upset. It's obvious he wants to fight the Empire, but he's worried about leading the Empire straight to them. Omega can't help feeling like it's... somehow her fault. If she'd stayed on Kamino, if she had been able to tell them right off that they should leave and not come back, they'd have the life they want. And Hunter would be with them.

Even if she would never have seen any of them again.

Omega doesn't meet people that often, but when they go to Ryloth to deliver weapons – for some reason she doesn't quite follow, but it has something to do with the Empire – she finds herself striking up an instant friendship with the Twi'lek girl she meets.

Hera is nothing like Omega's brothers, or anyone she's had time with. She's the first person Omega has ever met that's actually about her age. Her brother's aging makes them different.

So, of course, when she hears that Hera is in possible trouble with the Empire, Omega gives them their comm frequency in case something goes downhill. That's what they're supposed to do, isn't it?

She just didn't expect to get a call so soon.

"The Empire's taken my parents, and they're after me now, too. I'm sending coordinates. Please hurry. I need your help," Hera's hologram says.

"Did you give her our comm channel?" Echo asks, almost incredulously.

"For emergencies only, and that sounded pretty urgent," Omega argues, "We have to go."

"Perhaps the situation is not as dire as described. Children often overreact," Tech interjects.

Omega glares at him. "No, we don't!"

"We'll go," Echo agrees, "It's the right thing to do."

***

"Thank you for coming," Hera says, hurrying towards them, "I wasn't sure you would."

"You said were in trouble," Omega replies.

"Can you... explain the situation?" Echo inquires as they gather around her. "Why is the Empire targeting you?"

"Because my father is Cham Syndulla," Hera replies.

Uncertain, Omega glances at the others. That name has no more significance to her than most anyone important in the galaxy.

"The freedom fighter?" Tech inquires.

"Yes. This was his old command outpost. It's where I've been hiding. The Empire's begun targeting anyone loyal to him."

"What do you want us to do?" Echo queries.

"Free my parents from the Capitol. That's where they're being held."