Chapter 1: The Beginning

August 3rd 2023,

This story takes us to an unfamiliar territory in the depths of the Greek Mountains, a village with few residents named Diasello. It was a sunny day of summer, the village was full at that time , people were coming back for vacation, children playing around at the nature. You could say it was so peaceful and calm. Just like the rest of the kids there was an 18 year old girl named Marilia. She was living with her parents in her grandparents' house for a couple of days. Both her grandfather and her grandmother were really old. At some point, Marilia received a call out of a sudden. It was her mother calling her.
-Marilia, where the hell are you ?, the mother asked.
-What do you want mom, I'm with some friends at Ioanna's house!, Marilia responded.
-Get back here, something serious has happened, the mother told Marilia
When Marilia was about to ask her mother , what was going on , her mother shut the phone call. Not wasting any of her time and clearly in a state of anxiety and rush , Marilia left her friends and went to see what was going on.
When she reached the house , she saw her grandmother crying and shouting, with her son (Marilia's father) trying to comfort her. Not knowing was going on , Marilia was dragged in the corner by her mother. She then proceeded to explain to her the sad event that occurred.
Marilia's grandfather, Menelaos, had passed away in his sleep.
-How? , What? , When?, asked Marilia her mother in a state of shock and sadness
-We don't know dear, your father found him on the floor unconscious. He tried to bring him back but it was too late...., the mother responded.
The peace and the calmness of the summer was just shattered in pieces in a matter of minutes. Menelaos was well knows to the whole village for his kind heart , his generosity and his positive attitude, so it wasn't a surprise that the whole village was saddened by his sudden death.