12. peace

I heard some noises outside the door. The alarm was out for maybe 3 hours now. "Rick wait" I heard a muffled voices say. "He's still alive" said the other voice. I did my best and get up. I covered the wound as best as I could so that the others won't see.

I began to slowly open the door and heard an axe smashing against something. "Dad look out" I heard and saw an axe going my way. I dodged it and looked at rick shocked. He looked just as shocked as I did. I noticed carl and daryl close to him. It was silent for a few seconds before I spoke up. "Nice to see you too" I said sarcastically and they all smiled. Rick run up to me and hugged me. I hugged back. Daryl hugged me aswel and don't even ask what went wrong but we fell over. They both landed on me and I hissed. They both got off me and began to apologise. "It's alright" I said and got up.

We walked back and just as we walked into our cell block Maggie slammed into me hugging me. "Ah" I let out and she instantly back up. "Oh my god what's wrong?" She asked and I tried to smile. "Nothing really. I just fell" I said and walked past her.

I walked towards my cell when hershel got out of his. "Nathan. You're okey?" He asked as he saw I was walking a bit stiff. "Yeah just fell" I said once again. Hershel didn't believe me and got closer. "Nathan pull your shirt up please" He said and I began to walk further. "Rick" Hershel shouted and it didn't even take a second for him to appear. "Yes?" He asked worried. "Something is wrong with him" Hershel said and I stood there frozen. Rick looked at me and then at Hershel. "He just fell." Rick said but Hershel disagreed. "He doesn't want to pull his shirt up" He continued. Rick looked to me. "Nathan. Shirt up now" He said and I sighed and did just that. Once they saw the somewhat stopped bleeding they looked shocked. "How can you do this. You know it's dangerous" Rick scolded me as Hershel began to take care of the injury.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "I'm fine." I said only to be met with hershels hand slapping my face. "What the fuck?!" I said shocked. "Next time you're gonna say you're fine when you're not, I'm gonna do it again" hershel said and I turned to rick who had a smirk on his face.

Once hershel was done I went to check on the rest. Ofcourse I had to sneak around because rick and hershel don't want me walking.

I walked into the main room and saw a bit sad faces. Not a big surprise as we lost people. I looked around and felt oddly free. I looked Once more and it hit me. Lori was gone. I saw carl holding a small bundle in his arms. I walked up slowly as everyone watched. I leaned down and gave carl a kiss on his head. "It's okey." I said and he Immediately broke down into tears. I smoothly took the baby from him and he hugged me tightly. I held the baby carefully with one arm as my other arm was wrapped around carl.

I looked to the rest who had sad but relieved expressions. I looked to daryl who understood me Immediately and walked up taking the small child. He grabbed a bottle and fed the baby.

I picked carl up as he began to sob silently. It did hurt like hell but I carried him to his cell and laid him down once he was done sobbing. I sat down next to his bed and shushed him until he fell asleep.

I'm not sure for how long I have been there but the next thing I know was rick bringing me and carl some food. Carl was still out. I just looked up from the ground to Rick's smile. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine. You?" I responded. "I'm alright. Just worried about you guys" He said and sighed. "We'll be okey." I said and rick nodded. "Have you seen her?" Rick Asked referring to the baby. "Yeah. She's beautiful. Just like her dad" I said with a smirk. He chuckled and helped me up.

We walked into the main room holding hands. I looked around and saw daryl smirking with the baby in his arms. "Pick a side, man" Rick randomly said to daryl as we got closer. I just looked at them confused as the chuckled. "He wanted to beat me up when you where a bit down that evening because he thought it was my fault" Rick explained briefly. I smirked and roughed daryls hair. He just sighed and moved on from that fact.

We all sat there and ate dinner. I saw Judith in Rick's lap and smiled. "Now you've got two kids to worry about" I said smiling. "Wrong" He said and I just looked confused at him. "We have got two kids to worry about." He said and I chuckled. "I didn't make them" I said defending myself. I looked to carl just to realise he was still in his cell probably asleep. I chuckled and began to eat.

During dinner everyone was talking. I just sat there silently with a smile on my face. I looked to Judith and smiled even bigger. "I will go and check on carl" I said and left calmly to Carl's cell.

Once there I saw carl slowly waking up. "Hey buddy. You want to join us at dinner?" I asked as I got closer. Still sleepy he nodded and got up. He hugged me tightly and I just smiled. "Thanks dad" He said and began to leave. I just chuckled and walked after him. As we got back Judith was crying and daryl was trying to shush her. I fastly walked up to him and took her from him to help. I grabbed an empty baby bottle and made formula with one hand while in the other I was gently rocking the baby. I fed her the formula and she stopped crying.

I looked to others to see them looking at me amused. "Well daddy Nathan got everything under control I see" Maggie said and I smiled. "Not a lot people are capable to do two things at the time with their first baby" hershel said impressed. "Yeah" I said and looked down and then at daryl.

Daryl just sighed. I looked at rick who was looking worried. "Okey. Guys I'm gonna go for a run tomorrow, anyone need something?" I asked and everyone just went with it and we changed the topic.

I was writing down a few stuff they needed like, formula, band-aid, guns, food. And a lot more. Once done I turned to rick who was talking calmly with Glenn and Maggie. I just walked up and grabbed his wrist and pulled it up to see his watch. I checked the time and let go. He just looked at me and chuckled as Glenn was just confused and Maggie giggled. I smiled at them and they just continued their conversation.

I went outside to smoke and enjoy the peace. I heard the door open and noticed multiple footsteps. I looked around a bit confused as it was already dark and usually no one comes outside so late. I saw rick walking with Maggie and Glenn. I looked at them suspiciously. "We have the watch" Maggie said defending herself and Glenn. I looked at rick who just smiled at me. I chuckled and let the smoke out with it. "You really need to stop" He said seriously. Glenn and Maggie looked at us. "Problems in the paradise?" Maggie asked and I just smirked. "Nah. He's just trying to do the impossible" I said and they both nodded.

They left After and I was alone with rick. "So, is everything okey?" He asked and I looked at him. "Yeah, just enjoying the peace" I said and he sat down with me. He leaned his head on my shoulder. "Go inside and go to sleep. I will be there in a few minutes" I said and he sighed. "As you say sir" He said mockingly. I just shrugged his head off of me and he got up. He walked inside and I was left alone.

I finished and got up. I walked inside the cell block and saw daryl on the stairs. "Go to sleep." I said and he just got up and left to his cell.

I walked past all the cells to check on everyone. I got to Carl's and saw Judith in a small crib. I smirked and walked further to my cell.

I walked in and saw rick asleep looking exhausted. I laid down behind him and fell asleep aswel. Finally falling asleep happy and at peace.

______________________________________
So I was thinking about stopping with this book. So please let me know if you want me to continue or to stop. I'm not really sure if I even like it.