OO2. Beautiful Mistakes

When Oliver felt a hand on his arm, he jolted up with a yelp, nearly falling out of the chair

When Oliver felt a hand on his arm, he jolted up with a yelp, nearly falling out of the chair. His heart raced as his breathing went shallow. "Hey, hey, Oliver! Calm down, it's just me." Steve approached carefully, not wanting to spook him again. "You okay?" Oliver nodded, his breath returning to normal. "Sorry, I had a nightmare and then you— sorry." He dusted himself off, eyes finally adjusting to the darkness.

"What time is it?" He looked at Steve in confusion. "Was there another blackout?" The brunette shook his head. "No, it's like one in the morning. I had the closing shift and totally forgot you were in here. Do you need a ride?" Oli nodded. "That would be great, thanks."

He stood up and the boys made their way out to the back exit. Oliver yawned as he followed Steve to his car. He barely remembered even getting in. As they started to drive, Steve looked over at him as his eyes closed. Normally Steve would turn on the radio for background noise, but he wanted to let Oliver rest. He looked...peaceful. Steve shook his head, sighing when he pulled up to the Wheeler's house. He shook the boy gently. "Hey, we're here." Oliver blinked his eyes open and nodded. "Thanks, Steve." The elder smiled. "Anytime. Sleep well, I'll see you in the morning." Oli waved as he closed the door.

He unlocked the door, stepping inside his house. His mother stood with her arms crossed. "Where were you? It's nearly two in the morning!" Oliver rubbed his eyes. "I'm sorry! I stayed to close up the store with Steve." The woman just sighed and shook her head. "Get to bed, you have work in the morning." He started up the stairs before she called his name. "Yeah?" She looked up at him for a moment. "I love you, Oli." He smiled softly. "I love you too, mom."

"