Chapter 35

Zach's pov

"Hey...", I mumble, trying to break the awkward silence looming over the kitchen.

"Hi." His eyes briefly ghost over to me, as if acknowledging my presence.

My hands slowly resume the task of adding ingredients to the blender.

Why do I feel so uptight around him? Well... aside from the fact that our cocks were buried down each other's throats.

It's like I walk on eggshells around him.

He's so much smarter than I am; more experienced too. It's... intimidating.

"Do you perhaps know where Calix went?"

"To the gym for a morning session. She has practice right after and classes after that. The chances of her coming home before tonight are slim."

Oh.

I nod, slowly.

I suppose pretending to hate him or pushing him away would be stupid, because he's definitely apart of my life too now.

"So... Calix's birthday is coming up and I was wondering if we could discuss it real quick?"

Immediately he perks up, focused on me. "Yeah, sure. When is it?"

"In two days."

Oh shit. That's closer than I thought.

"Okay. What did you have in mind?"

Here goes absolutely fucking nothing.

"You seem very educated with regards to this whole... bdsm thing and I was thinking that maybe we could do some sort of free use thing..?"

A heavy breath pushes past my lips as I exhale, filling the air with something other than silence.

Finally, his lips curve into a slight smile. "You know what that is?"

"Well, yeah. I kinda did a little research after Calix told me she was into this whole thing."

He nods, his smile knowing - as if he relates to what I said. "I like the idea, but if you want us to work together you have to stop being so uptight."

I visibly tense at his words, surprised that he noticed my discomfort. "Right. I'll work on it."

My lips purse as silence creeps up the walls - silence that is everything but comfortable.

"Low calorie smoothie?", he questions.

How the fuck does he know that!? Did he just sniff it the fuck out?

"Uh, yeah. I don't wanna pick up any weight while I'm out."

"You should try adding some spinach."

My head turns, settling my gaze on his face that looks so surprisingly kind and caring. No spite. No pride. Just a very endearing smile.

My face heats up at his tenderness, immediately averting my eyes. "I'll... be sure to remember next time."

I can't help but watch as he hoists himself on the counter - his gentle, blonde curls bouncing in the process. "How's the neck?"

"Good... uhm, yeah. Good, thank you."

You fucking idiot.

"It's a pleasure. One or two more sessions and you'll be good to go."

If I'm being truthful, I'm quite sad about the fact that he'll be leaving soon. He's kinda rubbing off on me.

"Weird question, but what do you use for your hair?"